• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 01, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank - lookin' nice. I see you left the S/G mount on to use as a handle, and I see the cam cover with oil fill tube is also. Make sure you're careful flipping that baby around. That dang oil fill tube is thin plated or cast stuff, and will snap right off.

Frank-

I'm with Don and can't wait till you get it running. I really can't wait to see how the counter balance helps. I bet it'll just sit there and purrrrrrr.

Keep at it; it'll be doing chores before you know it.

Tonight was phone Canada night for my USA friends, Cub buds. First was Wayne and then Frank. Frank and I got talking about valve settings and what affect the ARC does.I told Frank that I looked through with the cam cover removed so I could tell if the exhaust valve was clear of the ARC and the set the exhaust valve. Frank said the ARC don`t do nothing at and idle? that is were we disagreed . I think the arc hold the exhaust valve open when starting ; this would cut down on compression and would help the starter gen to spin the engine up so it can start. As soon as the engine runs at 1000 rpm`s the arc has no affect. I hope you guys will tell me I`am correct and well Frank is confused. I did set the exhaust valve by rotating the crank till the exhaust valve was off the ARC and set it to spec.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Wayne: You, me, Dave Kirk, Hydro,and multitudes of onlookers want to see this. I must be wewy, wewy, careful and learn to take video pics with sound.
If it weren't for Kraig's tutelege I wouldn't even know how to post pics.
Damn, I love this job!
beerchug.gif

Can someone tell me if this was a factory option, or a homemade job on the back of this original? Craftsmanship almost looks "too good" other than the torch mods somewhere along the line...

254852.jpg

Donald.the ACR holds the exhaust open till the engine sees 600 rpm ,the tab on the ACR holds the valve from .030 too .043 .and it is adjustable ,i went through this on my cubs ,using a dial .now one more thing,the spring ,on the ACR may be weak ,and you would get a bad reading ,not letting the ACR to work .so the exhaust would be closed ,making it very hard too start .so after that i replace the spring on every rebuild ,spring is less than $2.00 .hope this helps .

John "B" (JB),
I'm very certain that a aftermarket or home made.

John: I agree with Tom H. that it isn't original, but it looks pretty useful. Not only can you stack some weights on it; but in a parade, a "pretty package" could stand behind the driver.
happy.gif

Don T - I believe I'm with Frank and what Dave C says. Although I've never measured and got no scientific method, I do know you can idle the 10hp and 12hp down to about 700-800 rpms and they run decent. Any lower and they start to get to rough, and I have to think they won't run at 600rpm with the exhaust valve being held partially open. So, as Dave basically indicates, the ACR allows you to rope pull or use a starter to get that engine rotating up to 600 rpm before she fires off and runs higher.

Harry Bursell

Harry , I think you missed my point that I was trying to make . You can`t set the exhaust valve a TDC because the arc will have lifted the exhaust valve open.I set the exhaust valve on my 125 engine when the arc had not yet affected the valve.

Latest posts

Back