• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 01, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
TOM H. - I figured that volt gauge was from a truck. IH always gave the truck division all the neat stuff.

With your new creation being a "1480", you could even get factory decals for it, off a 1480 combine. Only problem would be there wouldn't be a piece of sheet metal big enough to put the decal on. The "1480" decals don't look that big, because the whole combine is the size of a BARN.

Rob, Plow Day 4, "Breaking New Ground" was at Bluniers on October 27, 2002. Thanks for the nice comments on the video.
happy.gif

Well guys here is the mess we got , it is real wet s@#t and I need to get my snow blower fixed . I had to use the Snapper walk behind and it kills my back.

254785.jpg

254786.jpg

I never could understand the metric system.
How much is 14" Canadian compared to 14" U.S.

Bill J. - 14 inches Canadian is 355.6 Millimeters US.

I remember about the time I got out of college, the US was going to go "Metric". Then about 10-12 yrs later I saw one of those little one sentence filler facts in the local newspaper. It said there were only THREE countries in the WORLD that had not gone metric. Two little third world countries that have probably changed their names a half dozen times since then, and the US.

It's always worked fine for me, why change it.
355.6 Millimeters must equal about 6" from pics I've seen.
old.gif

Dennis F - When I was in 8th grade math class the teacher (who by the way easily met the minimum operator weight requirement for a Cub Cadet) was pushing the metric system.

I pointed out to her that Paul Harvey said the United States was the greatest country in the world and we didn't have to go to the metric system if we didn't want to.

This heavy operator/math teacher promptly threw me out of the class room...
banned1.gif

I'll never figure out the metric vs US standard. Every time someone mentions metric my mind thinks "what's the conversion to US".
Also, I really don't understand why Don was even worried about that snow. From the pics I don't see any "underneath" his truck.
err.gif

Hi Guys, I'm still having fun
happy.gif

I needed to replace my hydro cooling fan on the drive shaft and it quickly became clear that set up was not matching the manual. What I do have is very cool so I thought I'd share it with you. It's called a Morflex, and the one I have is made by Morse Chain Co. of Ithaca NY. That company has since become part of Emerson Industrial Automation but it seems the product might still be sold under the Morflex name. So if you were thinking about dropping down to a 99 point restoration for a beefed up drive solution here's a thought...

Morflex

Initially I didn't realize it's not standard because it's a very authentic yellow. The left side in the picture is bolting to the flywheel and the right side is retaining the drive shaft.

254794.jpg

Martin is there another one on engine end also. Tractor supply places sell these. The place I found sells them for massy ferguson tractors. for about 85 apiece.

I've only got one at the engine end. That's great that they're readily available. I'd never seen one before, but I like it. It's going to be forgiving of a small misalignment
happy.gif

Bill James

I know it don`t look like much snow by my truck, but the 2500 has lots of ground clearance.

I try to list in " for you all down there where the old way is still used. I have to think about the conversion . in metric everything is made even. a millimetre , centre meter, meeter . I do send my spell check in a frizzy when I type here. Color-colour ;meter - metre ;There are to many words that can be spelled differently .

Shop day tomorrow,I have a valve cover gasket and an oil change with filter to do on my 1512 and some tin to load on my truck for sand blasting for the 125 ,Monday morning I drop it off.

Don T - I obviously was throwing a joke out with my comment, but your discussion of measurements is interesting. Down here we might say you got better than a foot of snow. How do you talk of that much snow up your way? Do people say we got about 1/3 meter? 35cm?

Going to pick up a roller Original this AM that is mostly all apart but the owner says it is all there so I may need a little guidence on this one!
It has pretty rough looking timed deck with also. 1st thought at seeing that deck was "Man, that looks more like a brush hog than a lawn mower deck!! Man that thing looks heavy duty!!

Dave S

Part no. IH-61504-C1 The lower shield. Does it bolt to the inside or outside of frame?
254802.jpg

Latest posts

Back