• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 01, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry:
Nice arc - I'll give it an 8.8 ...
All we got in Central MI was a little freezing rain and a lot of slush - thinking of building a slush pump with the spare QA gearbox I've got - it'd get more use than the QA42 has this winter..

I put my snow blower attachment on my 123 this afternoon and soon realized there is a problem with the PTO clutch. At first it turned ok (but not much power) but then stopped. I cleaned out all the snow and tried again. Nothing. The belt is not slipping, it is just that the cluch doesn't seem to catch. When I turn the engine off I hear a rattle like a piece of metal is bouncing around inside the clutch. Any Ideas what this might be? Is there anything in there I could fix (weld maybe)?

I hate to dig into it if I am just going to have to get a new clutch. If that's the case, I'll just keep using the blade and wait until spring.
happy.gif
We just got a bunch of snow here in WI and I'd love to throw some of it.

Manual Starters

Myron,
Thanks for the info.
Must have been quite a mark-up on them
I have the first orginal cub cadet my dad bought new. He worked at an IH dealer in 1961 and got it far less than the prices quoted.. matter of fact he uncrated this tractor and put it together.
It is a family heirloom,If you could concider a tractor that!!!

Look what followed me home today! This one is a parts tractor...gonna donate an engine to the 147. I was looking at the hydraulic lift and thinking that would be nice on the 147. Anyone ever transplant the hydro from a 149 to a 147?

52526.jpg

52527.jpg

Terry B. - Great action shots! Looks like a lot of fun. And plenty to do.

All - As I check the forum this evening to gauge snowfall totals, I read about Wayne's clutch problem - and then watch as other members pour on the BTDT knowhow, complete with documentation. Pretty cool to me.
baldguy.gif

Brent,

Your 123 PTO clutch is rebuildable...if done correctly it will last another 20-30 years. Get the rebuild kit from the local Cub dealer and have at it.

Charlie- you can stop your darn snow dance at any time!!!!! I'm sick of snow and ice under it!!!

Boy do you blokes get some weather. The Tv here gives some graphic shots. Attached is us in the mid of a bushfire about 4 months ago, we & all ours got out O.K.
Great to see y'all solving Wayne's clutch prob. Wish I could get the same sort of help with a cooling problem that's had me buried in my Mercury 30HP outboard the last few weeks.
52530.jpg

Well I mucked up that post somehow. Also meant to ask if Kentuck is OK with all that weather over/up there.

Latest posts

Back