• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 25, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan G - you might be right about worrying over nothing but I'd keep an eye on them. In your overhaul parts list you didn't mention the 2 triangular shaped springs (sometimes there is only 1 but in your case I believe there should be 2). I think the PTO's on the smaller hp units may have only 1 spring. If you only have one it may be why you can have a little movement. Sometimes it's really hard to see if you have 1 or 2. Generally they are very slightly off-set in alignment so you can see them if there are 2. If you could get us a pic we may be able to see them.

Sorry about that Charlie, I'm guessing I should have asked in the mod section.

Either way I'll give it a try, it's not like it's a huge investment and any improvement will be welcomed.

Oh great keeper of the photo's, I'm currently in the process of refurbing my 44A mower deck to go on my 1X50 tractor. I bought this deck decal kit from one of the above sponsers and was wondering if you had any pictures showing placement locations. I repainted the deck 3 times to get the paint runs in the correct spots and orange peel looking just right. I do not wish for the correct police to issue me a ticket for the decal's being applied incorrectly. Thanks in advance Kraig (or others who may respond) and I hope to snap a photo or two and post it when I'm done

Rob N - I hope Kraig, Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos, has some pics of a 44A with the decals. If you're worried about the correct police I wondered if you have the grass deflector in place on the output side of the deck. Most of the time they were removed and tossed away. They are supposed to keep the grass from throwing to far and I think help keep toes out of danger, but most of the time they just cause the grass to clump together into a nearly nice wind row pile.

Rob,

259950.jpg

259951.jpg

Not sure if the Caution decal should be where it is on this deck or if it should be in the location as on the deck in the manual photo at the top of my post.
1a_scratchhead.gif

259952.jpg

Hmmm, it looks like the decal placement in the manual might be wrong. Not surprising as the photos used in the manuals are typically of development units and things change in production.

259954.jpg

259955.jpg

That's a hard one, Lew. Evidently you plan on keeping it? Once named, they're even harder to let go of. My suggestion is use her as much as you can and her name will come to you all by itself. I was just thinking today (I do that, sometimes) that they sort of become pets with their own personalities and any problems we have with them ultimately revert back to our ownselves. (My daughter made that word up years ago).
happy.gif
happy.gif

well, Ive changed out one carter carb for another and they both have really loose throttle shafts at this point, while the one I just put on seems to work a tad better than the one I took off, it still hunts and surges and wont run below 1/2 throttle. if I hold the shaft in place with my finger to keep it from wiggling, it steadies out some, but still wont idle, I assume thats lack of adjustment. looks like I need a new carb...oi
facepalm.gif

Glenn C.
Why not put a throttle shaft kit or at least a throttle shaft bushing in it and stop that suckin air thing that's going on.

Will a deck and the deck carrier from a Cub 109 fit on a Cub 129? I have a 109 and may have found a nice 129 but the 129 does not have a deck or carrier.

Everything will fit between the 109 and 129 or a 149 or even a 169, MOST EVERYTHING is the same between all four cubs except engine hosre power and stickers. Infact you can swap the mower onto a 108 or 128 if you find one.

mowers and things will hook up the same on all

Frank, as per your request

259972.jpg

259973.jpg