Archive through June 25, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob, the "Do Not Step" decal would be for the later CCC/MTD version not the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> version.

259975.jpg

Here's another deck photo showing the Caution decal and the triangle decal.

259976.jpg

Hmmm, even the manual does not agree with itself. This is from the same manual as the photo I posted earlier today. However this one does agree with the photos from my archives of actual production decks.

259978.jpg

Rob - hey thanks for the offer but I only put it on a shelf myself. Now, about the placement of the decals. I agree the triangular decal goes on the outside lip of the discharge side, and the Caution decal goes next to the hump just as shown in most of the pics. And as Craig said, the Do Not Step decal was only on the CCC decks. The IH decal goes on the left side of the spindle cover - but you need to use the correct style IH decal. In the 2nd pic Kraig posted you see an IH decal and you see the long narrow metal ID tag. If you deck has this style ID tag then you should use the IH decal that also say International Harvester below the IH emblem. If your decal has the larger ID tag then it's a newer deck and should have the later style IH decal. You can see it in the pic just above the 1st 3 Kraig posted - the deck has a strap around it holding to the back of a tractor. That style IH emblem only has the letters IH, and it's a little larger than the other. I can't say when IH made these decal changes exactly. The QL units were in production along time, and these type of decals changed slightly every couple years. Do I know these details for a fact? No way, it's just info I've gathered over the years having seen several of these units when they were pretty well known to have their original decks.
Hope this helps ya.

Dan G - if you can come up with another spring (has to be same style as the current one) you're PTO will likely perform better, or at least have a better chance of not slipping. It will also likely resolve your problem (or sorta problem) with the 3 little levers seeming to be slightly loose. I think Charlie mentions the better performance in his CC Specialties descriptions as well. But, if she works ok now she probably will for many more years.

Chris M,

they sure will- same tractor, different HP.

Bill J.: On June 19 in the 169 thread you asked about this deck:
259982.jpg

259983.jpg

As far as I can tell, it's factory, but I think maybe not original to the tractor. I'm under the impression that it was used to mow on a golf course and maybe it's a replacement deck. It's in really nice shape, even to the point of having the 3 "baffles" underneath it.
happy.gif

Rob: I have a restored 44" deck I like to display under my best looking QL and I sure would give one of those deflectors a good home and promise never to throw grass at it!!

Dave S

FRANK C. - I'm pretty sure (99+%) that is a owner modification. Somebody saw the Haban 60" deck used under SGT's and made the modification to a 50" deck.

Not that it isn't a good idea, but I bet it sure makes removing the deck a PAIN.

I had considered that Charlie,I wasnt sure if the carb and or shaft being worn would make it fit poorly and still leak air. Ill try that out however
beerchug.gif

Latest posts

Back