• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 24, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmoyer

displayname
Holden D. Moyer
Need help identifying a mower deck. It came with a 1250 and the only Id on it is 0320016U101340. I want to restore it, but will be needing some parts, and a model number sure would help.
Thanks

Holden, which one of these does it look most like?

297600.jpg

297601.jpg

Hi All,
I have a Look what followed me home, MY FIRST RED ONE with a Kwik-Way Loader. The loader was installed on a newer cadet with a blown engine when the PO purchased it. He had planned on rebuilding the engine however he then figured out it would swap over to the 782. He said it only took him a couple of hours to make the swap. I looked at the one the loader came off of and it was all painted orange and was missing the badging, not sure what model.

He purchase this 782 with other tractors (W-Horse) several years ago. He was mainly interested in the W-Horse’s so it sat in his barn.

This tractor runs great and the loader moves fast, will have to be careful when using it. Looking forward to putting this to use on several projects my wife has been asking me to do.

If I am reading the hour meter correctly it looks like I read the hours to be 55. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Enjoy the pics. Rich

297620.jpg

297621.jpg

297622.jpg

297623.jpg

Richard, very nice find! I believe the hours are indicated by the white needle and minutes are indicated by the orange needle. And I have no idea if it indicates anything if it wraps past 500 hours.
dunno.gif

Kraig .....I remember now what I did. I went from the solenoid to the switch . Its been 2 years or so since I did it. Like I said b4 I replaces all the wiring on it cause it was in real bad shape.. I didn't even run any wires to the safety switch. Now that you know that do you think that could cause the bat. to drain slowly over time? We had a top of a tree break off and landed on the neighbors fence , that's why it took me a while to get back on here and check. thanks

Jonathan, best thing to do would be to compare the schematic I posted with how you have it wired. That way you can make sure you did not connect something to someplace you should not have.
happy.gif

Richard W.,

Nice find. The hour meter reading of 55 hrs is correct, but I suspect the yellow/orange needle indicator has likely made one complete revolution and your 782 actually has 655 hrs. Still a low hour machine at that. Does it have the orginal Series I KT-17 engine or has it been upgraded to a Series II (look for decal on air cleaner cover)?

Kraig and Richard,

On the annoying clock style hour meter:

Yellow Needle = Total hours up to 600 hours

Red Needle = Hours 0 to 60

White Needle = Moving needle indicates hour meter is running. (From my observations on mine is it is kind of a "second hand")

(Above is from the FAQ.....)

So what I am reading on his:

Yellow = 60

Red = 56

So that could be: 116 hours, or it could have "rolled over" once and be 716 maybe???? I wish they would have just used the "odometer" style the did on the later Cubs.......

Richard,

Nice find!

The hour meter reads 55 hrs., or 655, or 1255, or 1855, or 2455, . . .

I think it was intended to be something you could use for maintenance intervals and to use for billing purposes on projects. But, obviously, not to determine the total hours on a tractor.
bash.gif

It's amazing what we can find done by POs. I just had to scratch my head on this one.

297630.jpg

It had two long set screws in one hole and two short set screws in another. The third hole had only one long set screw. It did just fall off once the last screw was out. This was on a K301 from a parted out 129 rust bucket.

Kraig,
Looks more like the top one, but has no gauge wheels or deflector. No decals, only a plate with the number stamped in.
Sorry, didn't respond sooner, but still busy getting the 1250 up and running. Actually it seems to measure to 38".
Holden

Wayne, wow! That is an interesting mod.

Holden, the gauge wheels were optional and I believe the deflector was not on the earlier versions.

Kraig,

naah- I think it's been running with the choke pulled all the way out lately....
err.gif

There's more to a 169 muffler than meets the eye.

297652.jpg

Latest posts

Back