• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 23, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kendal Harvey
For me the best test for a coil is to replace it with a known good one. I have a couple of used coils that look good resistance wise but both have different symptoms. One will start good but quits when it gets hot, the other one is hard starting but once you get the tractor running it runs good. I used to go through coils but one day I called Scott Madsons and ordered two spare coils, haven't lost a coil since, works for me.
happy.gif

Jim S., you are posting correctly. You can edit your posts to add to them, but there is a time limit on how long you can edit them, something like a 1/2 hour. Good to hear that you got good advice here and appear to be on the right track. :eek:)

Bryan M.
What no "elected officials"???? You may be missing out on kickbacks.
hide.gif

Sorry I tried to hold back.
lol.gif
lol.gif

Dean, yes and no. Some of the later Quiet Line Cubs had 1" axles rather than the 3/4" axles on the narrow frames.

Kraig/Dean -

I believe some of the wheels have different offsets, too...

Dean, Kraig,

Also wide frame wide (8 inch) front wheels must be turned inside out to clear the spindles/axle/linkage on a narrow frame Cub. I put 1000 rims on my 106 last winter and had to turn them around valve side in for clearance. Kenny

Kenny-
I just tried doing that on my 149, but the valve stems on the narrow frame rims hit the spindle on the inside as they spun around, so I took them off. How did you get the valve stem to "clear" the spindle.

AFAIK, they look to be the same rim, just turned inside out with the hole for the valve stem drilled on the backside.

Nevermind, I see you were putting WF rims on a NF and I was putting NF rims on a WF. Guess it works your way due to the smaller NF spindles.

Art,

Seems to me your new addition covered much of what we dug up.........
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

("Plow Surfing" the W~a~V~e of the future)
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Heading out for Red Power this evening......we'll see whoever is going out there. Look for my 100, Dad's 123 w/Haban, and the new "touring cart".

Steve, don't forget your camera, and don't forget to use it!!!!!! :eek:)

About how many pounds is each wheel weight? No info in the FAQ.

Jim S. Glad that you found the problem... Just so happens that my occupation in the US Navy is an AMH, (well the Navy changed that now to just an AM) which stands for Aviation Structural Mechanic for Hydraulics. So that would make me a hydraulics technician... Gee, I almost sound smart...
biggrin.gif
Unlike a certain person who really loves sandals <font size="-2">won't mention any names</font> But as far as tearing down the spool valve... Lets just say that yes, it is called a "spool valve" but it's proper classification would be a selector valve. Now here is the important info, the "spool" item #10, appears to be a lapped surface, meaning that that part is machined to fit into the body to create the seal so that the hydraulic fluid (hytran in this case) will not flow when in the neutral position. So be EXTREMELY careful when it comes to handling the spool. You don't want to drop it, or damage it. Cause if it does, you will have to replace the whole body, due to it being a machined matched surface. Now fellow Cubbers, I have not taken one of these apart yet, so if I am wrong that it is a matched set, please correct me. The other thing you want to do is to verify that there are no scratches, nicks or scoring in the cylinder of the housing. Replace all O-rings, and verify that the spring is not tweaked. I have seen that problem in aviation hydraulics that run at 3,000 PSI... The other part of hydraulics, is that you want to keep the system clean, it may not be a bad idea to replace the hytran and replace the hydraulic filter with another hydraulic filter, not an OIL filter. Cause the hydraulic filter will filter the fluid to a lesser micron filtration.
19813.jpg

BTW, nice seeing you again on here Hydro Harry, we need to get together again. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to Brooks this year, cause I am on deployment again this time in the land of the rising sun, Japan... Have fun, and hopefully Bob Necker can make it this time...
irritated.gif
joker.gif

Art-

You are right, they are the same wheel with the valve stem on opposite sides.

I have one of each on my 86 right now.

Thanks Dennis, I plan to add weight to my 125 in order to increase blade depth of cut. Is the weight better at the wheels or mounted to the rear of the tractor?

Jeff R.

Re; The 1450 mower deck hydralics.

Thanks a lot for all the good advice. So far, we just put the tractor back into service without fixing the selector valve. It needed a few other things done that I was able to do, but thought I would wait on fixing the valve until I was sure I had replacement o-rings available,as I assummed that I should replace them in any case. Now that we discovered the deck will stay up if you just "tweek" the level back forward after the deck hits full up travel, he can use it like that until we get the parts that we are at least sure to need. Must be just a little something making it stick and not allowing it to go all the way back to the neutral postion.

Hope you are enjoying your job in the navy. It's a very important one. Many, many years ago I was a navy pilot. Thought the world of you guys that maintained our airplanes. Want to thank you too for all you and the rest of the military folks are doing to help protect our nation and our way of life. There is a lot of scarifice in the military life, and our nation is grateful and appreiciative of our great men and women serving in same.

Thanks again

Jim

Back