• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 23, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim Serley
I would have to agree with Jim Patchett that your problem is in the spool valve. I've owned a bunch of Quietlines with hydraulics and never seen that particular problem but it sounds like that is what it may be.

The good news is the spool valve can be repaired unlike the hydraulic cylinder which would need to be cut apart and re-welded.

Here is a picture of the spool valve with parts. The service manual GSS-1464 has a good breakdown and repair procedure.

19792.jpg

That "centering spring" in Richard's diagram sure looks farmiliar. Like the one on a hydro trunion..

Jim Serley, just a few days ago (see the "Archive through June 20, 2004" link above) Richard C. posted some real good info on things to check and/or repair on the Quiet Line series, the 1450 is one of the Quiet Line models.

Thanks fellows!

You have given us many good ideas and resources to follow-up on looking into the cause for the deck settling. Guess I'll have to re-locate my JD140 to an unlisted address to prevent it from becoming bonfire fuel, though!

Jim

Rob-
Your username is just fine, but you must have missed this...

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Welcome to IH Cub Cadet Classifieds. You may enter any of the discussions below by clicking on the appropriate link.

If you'd like to post to this area, you'll need to purchase a membership (the free membership will not work) - please check the signup page for instructions. <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Jim S., we can even help you with your JD 140 by steering you to Weekend Freedom Machines for your JD queries. There are a good group of guys there, even if they are misguided in their taste in garden tractors. :eek:)

Charlie -

Naw, it won't happen here. We don't have any "elected officials"
lol.gif

I need recommendation. I would like to know of a reliable source to order my parts from. Someone who had good communication and who ships promptly.

I am a Cub Noob and I got a 1976 1650 from a friend. Of course it needs some repair but I got it right so I am trying to fix it up.

I had been lurking here for awhile so I decided to order some parts from a sponsor. Well it has been a month since I have ordered. Currently I have only part of the order, and some wrong parts that need to be exchanged. I would not be concerned about the timeframe involved if it were not for the fact that I can only get erratic response from email from this sponsor. Usually my emails either do not get answered or take at least a week. All this from a guy who only lives 2 hours by car from me. I guess I should drive up to his place sometime so I can talk to the man.

It seems unreasonable to me that if a person has an internet business with the only way of contact being email that the person would not check it for a week at a time.

So what can I do? I don't want to name the sponsor yet as I still think he is a good guy. I just wish I would hear from him to get this straightened out before I forget how everything fits together.

So thanks for letting me vent some of my frustration. I'be been mowing an acre 21" at a time and I really want to change that

Jason H. -

E-mail me and let me see if I can give ya a hand.

BTW, a VERY well stated post, this stands as a model of how to complain but not resort to naming names, as that would be rather inappropriate.

Do one of you electrical gurus know of a way to test to see if a coil is still good? any help would be appreciated, thanks..

Here's an interesting side-by-side...
Ryan & Steve wrecking it, Art putting it back together...
19802.jpg
19803.jpg

(Message edited by aaytay on June 24, 2004)

Art, I prefer the photo of Steve and Ryan wrecking your lawn better. It has motion, struggle, tension, action and drama. The photo of you putting it back together is more restfull, and quiet solitude. :eek:)

Of course it could be, because I took that photo of Steve and Ryan.... :eek:)

Re: Cub 1450 mower deck issue. My neighbor boy and I are checking into the problem now that you folks have pointed us in the right direction. Looks like it is likely a problem with the spool valve. If one pushes the valve back just a little bit after the deck comes all the way up, it will stay up. Otherwise, it drifts down. Feels like a little "catch" in the motion. Don't think it should feel like that. Will wait for the rebuild instructions in the manual before I tear it down to o'haul it. Anyone done that before? Just a matter of replacing a few parts I would think.

Thanks again for your help.

Jim and Jacob

PS I don't know if I am posting this right. I just entered it at the end of the forum listing. Is there a way to attach it to a thread or is this the way one normally posts follow-on messages?

jes

Latest posts

Back