• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through June 22, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todd:
No belt on the PTO (you're right, not mowing with the 129 now) and not engaging the PTO after starting eventually equals chewed up button. I actually have a bypass switch on the PTO safety switch, but I still forget (the PTO lever interferes with the hood latch rods, so I eventually disengage the PTO, and forget to re-engage it when running). I suppose I'll hear that the PTO won't spin when disengaged, but mine has always had a slight amount of drag, just enough that having a belt on it will keep it from spinning, but not enough otherwise (and if it spins with the button pushing on it - it's gonna chew the button up sooner or later).. I'm pretty sure why they came up with the later design with the brake on it.
Kraig: lookin' good!

Matt, i don`t have heat so i used these tools to remove the screws. i will have to tack weld new nuts in when it gets put back together.I used my impact to twist off or just to break the welds and then cut the screw head down to where the air did the rest.I think the frame is loaded full of dirt and needs a good clean. Later Don
88148.jpg

Kendell, thanks. My goal is to finish the Original and 125 refurbs this summer. I really, really, really want to hear this run!
bouncy.gif

88150.jpg

Kraiq, i wrealy wrealy want to hear that run also. i can feel it now . well as i thought.
88153.jpg

Don, I WILL have a camcorder on a tripod recording the event when I start Killer the first time.
buttrock.gif

Question: anyone ever eliminate rubber ISO mounts from Quiet Line series tractor and did it operate ok. Thanks Jim

Dustin: A 108 was my very first Cub Cadet bought new (yea I have been around awhile) Enjoy; I know mine was a great tractor.

Kraig buddy that is looking gooooooood!

Trying to buy a 106 right now as I type maybe this one will come thru. Need another project!!

Pops
old.gif

Kraiq i hope your going to post a link. high speed is great, i remember dail up.Well i knew the 147 was a looker lol
88156.jpg

Don T. You can pickup an impact driver cheap. I used one to get those screws out on the 128. The one I have has a 1/2 inch drive so that you can use diff bits, a couple smacks with the hammer and the screws came right out.

Latest posts

Back