• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 22, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, just who is going to RPRU??????

Dad and I (and family) will be there Friday and Saturday. Dad has his very nice original condition Haban mounted on a clean 123 and I'll have my 100. Also have a neat little "touring" cart made up too.

Can we get a show of hands as to who we might run into??????

I hope to get to the rpru and maybe I might load up and pull in the garden tractir pull I wil have to see if I still have the prairie pullers rule book

sorry if the typing i poor ny son is asleep on my shoulder

Steve-
Oh, so THAT's why all of those holes are drilled into the sign posts around here. <font size="-2">And here I was thinking it was just a neat place to stash spare keys and such!</font>

Bryan-
Charlie's right, you're going soft...

All-
Got to weld in sandals tonight. You would have been proud of me!
biggrin.gif

Steve-
I'd been planning on going for months to pick up the Recoil 70 I bought from Paul Bell, but some stuff came up for work that I couldn't get out of.
swear.gif
<font size="-2">Luckly Paul was nice enough to "meet me halfway"!</font>

Art,

I welded in old tennis shoes once....ONCE!!!!

You don't know just what hurt is until a weld BB drops thru the hole in your shoe, burns thru your sock, and lodges between your big toe and 2nd toe...burning a nice hole in the side of each!!!!! Yooowwwwwzaaaa!!!!

Leather boots for me..........
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Nick and I'll be at RPRU on Friday... gonna show up at Tom's display at 11am... See y'all there!

Steve- I understand your concern... especially on state-maintained highways...

But if someone driving down my street loses control on an icy winter's day, they'll much rather have my mailbox stop 'em, because the next stop after that is a 4' foot drop, straight down into deep, icy-cold water.

Speed limit in front of my place is 20mph... it's a private road. If they lose control, they've already made a very grievious mistake. :)

And if Dave tells you to turn LEFT into his driveway you are going to get wet real fast. Not sure if a four door pickup would fit between road and water. Nice view though.

I suppose if the local postmaster wanted to, he could have a say about 1/4" plate mailboxes
wink.gif

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

2.0 Curbside Mailboxes
2.1Manufacturer Specifications

Manufacturers of all mailboxes designed and made to be erected at the edge of a roadway or curbside of a street and to be served by a carrier from a vehicle on any city route, rural route, or highway contract route must obtain approval of their products under USPS Standard 7, Mailboxes, City and Rural Curbside. To receive these construction standards and drawings or other information about the manufacture of curbside mailboxes, write to USPS Engineering (see G043 for address).

2.2Custom-Built
Mailbox

The local postmaster may approve a curbside mailbox constructed by a customer who, for aesthetic or other reasons, does not want to use an approved manufactured box. The custom-built box must generally meet the same standards as approved manufactured boxes for flag, size, strength, and quality of construction.

2.3Address Identification

Every curbside mailbox must bear the following address information:

a. A box number, if used, inscribed in contrasting color in neat letters and numerals at least 1 inch high on the side of the box visible to the carrier’s regular approach, or on the door if boxes are grouped.

b. A house number if street names and house numbers have been assigned by local authorities, and the postmaster authorizes their use as a postal address. If the box is on a different street from the customer’s residence, the street name and house number must be inscribed on the box.

2.4Owner’s Name

The mailbox may bear the owner’s name.

2.5Advertising

Any advertising on a mailbox or its support is prohibited.

2.6Mailbox Post

The post or other support for a curbside mailbox must be neat and of adequate strength and size. The post may not represent effigies or caricatures that tend to disparage or ridicule any person. The box may be attached to a fixed or movable arm.

2.7Location

Subject to state laws and regulations, a curbside mailbox must be placed to allow safe and convenient delivery by carriers without leaving their vehicles. The box must be on the right-hand side of the road in the direction of travel of the carriers on any new rural route or highway contract route, in all cases where traffic conditions are dangerous for the carriers to drive to the left to reach the box, or where their doing so would violate traffic laws and regulations.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

I plan to be at RPRU on Saturday (weather permitting). I'm easy to find, just look for the guy with "mob" following him........If anyone needs small stuff hauled back from RPRU to WI. Email me asap! There is limited room left in the Red Sled.

Art.....How can YOU be busy in the summer? WI does not have school in summer, so what ARE you doing?? A "top secret" Cub project?

I saw in the local home paper, Geneseo, IL. Republic that #261 is making a Guest Appearance at the Geneseo Music Festival this weekend. Can't remember if it was Sat. or Sunday.
Steve - I'd love to go to RPRU but I've put over 2000 miles on the old truck in the last 10 days, and with ALL That seat time I have to get a little "Quality Time" with the 129 or 982 this weekend! Since they're both Hydros I won't be able to brag Monday about mowing in 3rd gear in foot tall grass however... ;-(
WYATT - I've got an old unopened Rawhide bone from Our St. Bernard if Your dog needs something to chew on.....

Ken-
Just keepin' busy trying to make 80 kids march in straight rows while playing their music. Most weeks average about 60hrs/week at this point. Needless to say the three reasons I went into teaching was not "June, July and August".
wink.gif

Making an appearance near our Northern Ill. contingency too!

CHARLIE..... So THAT'S the secret!!!! But don't You need a Warp Drive or Flux Capacitor to run those? I'd hate to think of running My Dylithium Crystals down and only being able to mow with impulse power! According to My RPM forum there's going to be quite a few Cheeseheads at the NTPA pull in Tomah WI this weekend. Maybe ME included if I get the "HONEY DO" List whipped into shape soon enough!

When my wife and I bought our house in late April of 1992 one of the first things we improved was the mail box. The one that was there was rusty and dented and was mounted to a flimsy "U" type steel fence post. We put in a nice new "rural" size metal mailbox mounted to a 4x4 post. All was well for about a month (strangely enough about the time school ended for the summer) Around midnight we heard a loud noise followed by laughing a revving engine and screeching tires. The next morning I found our nice new mailbox smashed nearly flat I bent it back into shape as best I could to hold out until I could get a new box, the post was undamaged. Within a couple of days I had the new box mounted. It was fine until September (strangely enough about the time the school summer vacation ended) late one evening we heard the same noises we heard at the start of summer. This time I bent it back and left it for a month before I replaced it with another "rural" sized metal box. All was well until the end of May (yet again, strangely enough about the time school ended for the summer) I replaced it with a plastic one with the cedar slats. Sure enough at the end of summer it was smashed but they didn't hurt the plastic box just broke the cedar slats off. A snow plow then took out the plastic box one winter. I now have another plastic box I bought one without the cedar slats. It has held up well. One night when the vandals tried to smash it and it bounced back they got out of the car and pulled the post out of the ground and threw it down on the drive way breaking the top of the post. I slid it back into the hole and screwed a splint onto the post top. It's been a couple of years since anyone has driven around the area and smashed mailboxes because the last kids to do it got caught. My parent live at the end of a 1/2 mile road (no thru traffic) they have had the same large mailbox and post for well over 40 years.

Whatever happened to the good ol' days of just blowing them up with m80's? <font size="-2">I was told this, never did it myself</font> ;-)

Kraig - My Folk's mailbox sits along side their driveway off the main road, so the Mail Person has to pull into Their driveway and back out into the road to leave. It's probably 40 yrs old also. Like Real Extate People say, "It's Location, Location, Location".

Back