• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 21, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeremy - Extend the cylinder and look at the piston shaft , it may have been left extend sitting long periods and rusted bad maybe even pitted and ate up the seal.

The best cub is a personal thing. I see the advantage to a super but your into more money. The QL are cool and mowing with one might make the neibores happy, less vibration might make you happier, but can be expensive to get right. Wide frames are close to perfect (remember the personal thing). The tractor I like the best is my 72 with a 10 horse, soon to be 12. The narrow transmission tunnel is just handy to get on and off of. It has the QT so changing stuff around usually doesn't include more than a hammer and not much of that. If I ever get the hydraulics put on, to me, it could be the perfect cub.
On a side note, the 14 in the 149 uses about twice the gas the 10 in the 72 uses. I know, it don't matter to most people, but it's something to think about if it does. <font size="-2">ymmv</font>

Ken - Will do. Can the seals be replaced in that cylinder, if needed? If so, I may do it anyway. Its worth a try.

Is there a link to a picture or diagram as to the front pulley on the engine with spacers (i.e. exploded parts style diagram). The kohler repair manual does not have a picture of this. I think I will go with the rebuild kit for the old carb my tech can do that or I can send it out for the $50 listed on the site.

Fred

DAVE R. - I was going to say a repowered 72 was the PERFECT CC but somebody here gives that honor to the 125. And then again somebody else thinks they're the ugliest CC ever made but if that's the case, why did IH/CC make more of that style CC than any other style.

JEREMY S. - If you rockshaft is leaking down in seconds I'd start with the cylinder. Does the mower deck stay up when it's attached?

I read on anyother forum where people have cut wellded cylnders open, taken them all apart and replaced the rod seal and the piston seals and re-welded them back together with some success. I haven't checked the parts look-up to see if the cylinders are even available new any more. If they are they will be expensive, probably over $100 I hear. But it sounds like your 1650 need one.

Fred B.
Did ya miss this at the top of every page?
226605.jpg

My wisdom for today lol.
Ken
how much chasing are you doing ?
(Vince - You remind me of when I was in scull and chasin girlz. If you can't be with the one you love , love the one you're with !)
Or love the one that stays with you longer.
(if he caught it what would he do then lol)

brake fluid will swell the seal and the tiller will stay up if its a seal problem, not if the shaft is pitted from rust. that will require a used lift cylinder.

I was out today running my 149 and then my bike for a bit.I can`t win unless I take the better half along. I can live with that lol.
Charlie

sorry.gif

226608.jpg

The 1500 is taking a toll on what I should be doing. Jerry Ide or what ever he calls himself now knows how I feel about my CUBS and my other interests. lol
The 129 loader is getting new hard lines, and Kraig M (keeper of the pictures)
worthless.gif

The mail will arrive as soon as my wife gets sent back to work,(soon).so I can use my bike more alone
Shift.gif

I hope you all are having a blast with out me !

THE BEST SITE ! even if the grump is back.lol

just spoke with a guy who has a massive collection of cub cadets. He has a ih 1250 hydro parted out in his shed, with plow, and a blade for the back of it. It is parted out, how much should i ask for it? The fenders are mia. I was thinking $300?

Brandon Witmer

(how much should i ask for it? )

You mean how much should I offer for it !?.
How bad do you want it ???
This is not the place to ask this question. If you don`t know what its worth don`t ask here.This post will make Charlie roll over lol. let the bear sleep lol

Brandon - If he's selling what are you "asking for it" ? Speaking of asking for it
This isn't a pawn shop , we don't do appraisals !

I have a 61 Original cub and want to replace the
gear case oil in the transmission. It only has the
three speed transmission.
Question: what type and weight oil do I use?

I can not find the pics Digger posted of the 147 with a danuser CD-1 They were great pics and I need them to finish mine. I'm almost done with the mount underneath, cant wait to have it up and running!

THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU!!!! Those are the best of the very few I have found on line also very helpful!

Craig C.
Thanks for the info on the recoil, I'm going to try and source one up here and see what I come up with.
Changed the oil in the 71 and the 1650 last night.
Has anyone tried any of the compounds to clean up headlight lenses on their gauge lenses. My hour meter lense is quite foggy due to the UV rays.
thanks

is there any reason that i can put a 10 hp in a cub 72?

clutch distance and everything it them major worry
thansk

Dennis - I have never tried the deck; recently. When the deck was on last, 3 years ago, it was fine, hell the tiller was fine then too. This 1650 was a find in a barn, it was in great shape, except it did not run. Some engine parts and tires and it runs as good as new. I was told it had been sitting for over ten years. All my hyd. problems just started last year in the spring. The funny thing is, it just failed all of a sudden. I would think a slow leak down would start and get worse over time. This one started leaking down in seconds right away!

Latest posts

Back