• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 19, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccote

displayname
Christopher Cote
Not sure why the pic didn't work. Here's another try:

59419.jpg

Chris - the page was ready to roll over so the "archive bug" ate the pic. We have to feed it once in a while , it's cheaper than a guard dog.
Yep $7 is pretty steep but hey, you got your screw
biggrin.gif

It was either $7 from the dealer, or $6 plus shipping for a box of 25 from McMaster. And then wait a week...

Frank is the seller on E greed wants to play games with the buyers someone needs to teach him some good games.
angry.gif
What ever happened to honesty and decency?

Kentucky Dean:
The guy does not understand that I don't give up! I have contacted both my attorney and my son who works in a large law firm in Omaha to help me find a lawyer in New London, Wi. Just got off the phone with another attorney friend and he stated that I have him you know where.
I know he was a low number but he has been a member for a number of years and appeared to be a farmer in that area. Aerial of his place leads me to believe this. I do most of my business with farmers and normally find that I can trust them more than a lot of others.
I just want my 782D. Called his bluff and said I will pay full price As-Is. I have the serial number of the cub so I will be on the look-out for it! Funny it was purring on the 16th and rod knocking by the 18th. Auction ended on the 17th. Then he has the B&#@% to ask me to not post a negative!
I did get another 782 with Series II yesterday. Have been watching it at a local church for 2 years. I knew that some day they would get tired of it. Sure enough, saturday they had a brand new brand X mower so I made an offer and it is sitting in my back yard. Now all I need is the red Cozy Cab due in on Saturday...from Mn.

Christopher,

What is that behind the cub? Is that a small loader of some kind. Can't really tell. You have some pics of it?

It's a Wheelhorse D200 with an Ark loader. I'll put some pics up in the Off-Topic section right now...

Frank - This ought to cheer you up, I was this close to bugging you but I kept the hammer down ;)
59428.jpg

It's nice to have your co-pilot change direction on ya after you hit the road
bash.gif

I got the 149 engine farther apart tonight. I found out what some of the larger pieces in the picture the other day were from.
59447.jpg

59448.jpg

Now, which went first? Did the piston parts take out the governor or did the high RPMs when the governor went brake the piston? I guess it is not going to be a cheap fix since it put a nice scrape in the bore. Looks like a complete overhaul.

Ken:
You missed a free meal. I would have bought and visited. One exit back...Exit 16 and 5 blocks NE is where I live.
Next time you are through here...do stop. Would love to swap stories about cubs.
Exit 16 has a bunch of good eating spots.
FSM

Wes - Put your skirt back on man! This is a family site ...

Frank - I'd liked to have seen your "stable" but it was getting around 3pm and I didn't want to hit the traffic rush (jam) further down the road. We left home 5 hrs later than I wanted to as it were.
I think I may take the ol lady out to Western Kaintuck sometime in the future, if we get to I may try to sneak up your way. OOPS honey the GPS must have made a wrong turn north ...
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">According to Mapblast we're 6 hrs apart</font>

Paul Pimentel: I actually never changed the center pulley unless it was changed before i got the tractor.

Ken:
Now I am real familiar with western ky. Went to school in Murray (BS Math/Physics-70)and wandered around Paducah and Mayfield alot. Wrenched on a number of local race cars. Know the road between Murray and Clarksville Tn. real good...Still have some friends in the area. Bought a red tractor in Murray earlier this year. Have not seen too many cubs in that part of the country. There used to be on Original next to a garage Between Murray and Hardin along 641. Was gone last time I was down there. 215 Miles from Murray to here. Actually, the biggest bunch of Cubs is about 40 miles closer. Ask Kirk Lorenz...he's ben to the cub patch...course I have added well over a dozen since he was there and more on the way.

Wes:
Is the one edge dull? Can't tell from the picture, but it kinda looks like maybe the piston developed the crack then the rest of the skirt cracked off. Flying parts from piston could easily have taken out the govenor.

Hello,
I just joined the Forum and this is my 1st post,
and this is the issue that brings me here.
I recently bought a Model 107, which I thought looked ok for a used tractor.. not that I know that much about them.. but it seemed to move well enough. When I got it home and degreased it... I found that someone had welded the driveshaft to the crank. Yes, it did finally snap.. as you might have guessed.
After getting some manuals and finding a Dealer, to find out just exactly what was missing/destroyed... it became evident that the crankshaft threads were damaged.
Are there any ideas on a fix for this Cub?

Jeff - Welcome to THE PLACE for <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet info. Sounds like a cousin of mine had the 107 before you! I'd replace the crank and anything else inside the engine that shows wear then get another driveshaft and coupler. Then check the rear end for water and see that you change it with HYTRAN only and a new cub cadet filter. Make sure the cooling fins are clean on the hydro pump and fan blades are all there.

Frank - I've heard enough Murray stories ... we went past there coming home and my step dad was a grad from there too ;)
beer2.gif
He was just there last month for a reunion.

Jeff, I wonder if the seller did a "quick" fix to sell it. If they did, I would call them and complain. Does the weld look fresh?

I'm no expert, but I suspect the bolt holes could be tapped out to the next size. (One could go metric if that is the next size.) That is what I would try.

Jeff:
Welcome.
Look up and check with the sponsors for any needed parts. Also, the wanted section can help find items that other members may have.

Ken is telling you straight.

Ken:
Don't know what year he got out of there, but maybe he is familiar with the "cotton Club", "641 Club" and "Big Apple Bills", especially the outhouse in the pig pen.
He probably has told you about the gauntlet also.

Does anybody mak a 1" spacer for the rear wheels. I put a set of 26x12x12 tires and wheels from the new Farmall line on my 1650 and need to space the wheels out 1" I also raisd the fender pan up 1".

Frank M,
I also am guilty of being in your neck of the woods and not stopping by. But, I wasn't doing the driving. About a month ago, my son and I rode along with a buddy in his '33 Chevy streetrod to a cruise night at Johnny Rocket's burger joint in Shiloh . My son and I would still like to make a trip back to the cub patch sometime.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your response. I was just going by the pic's....one has the large center pulley & the other pic with the deck all finished has the smaller one. I was just wondering because there was a lot of talk going on a while back about changing pulleys to get more rpm's.....and I never heard/read what the diameters were.

Thanks Again.

Latest posts

Back