Archive through June 17, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig: I figured that! It's just a miserable, wet, no sun day here in Aroostook, so I thought I'd build up my post count a little. Maybe I'll post a pic with this one. I'm having a little argument with this engine, trying to start it. I thought I could do it before Don T. gets his 125 running, but, as you can see, I'm lacking the S/G/PTO pulley. Mailed a USPS m/o to one of the sponsers on May 27 and not a word from him. (told ya, Don, that I'd get my snide little remark in). But, I digress. From this pic, does the s/g have a chance of turning the engine over fast enough??

87795.jpg

Ron: 6v, eh? Good news! I've got a 6v/12v charger that doesn't work on 12v. I didn't have very good luck using a chain. Maybe because it was an old, somewhat "seasoned" chain?
confused.gif

Kraiq/Art is 124 and 125 have the same heat shield and muffler support? found a set on line and want to get the 125 running. Thanks fellow Cubs owners
coffee.gif

Oh Frank had the 125 rolling over, but the switch is toast, and will run by crossing switch plug ends . got a hit and gave up till used wires get here.later Don T
thumbsup_old.gif

Frank, even with the smaller driven pulley it might start if the carb settings are dead on and the points are set dead on.

Don T., yes the 124 and 125 use the same heat shield/muffler support.

Hey yall,hope everyone had a good dads day weekend.I have an amp guage from a 49 IH cub farmal style tractor and I was going to put it on my 147.It fits in the dash hole perfectly and it looks cool.But I was wondering bout the 6 volt 12 volt problem.I think an amp guage only measures amps and volt dont matter.I know this is the case in restoring a 46 dodge truck.We kept the original amp guage in it but changed everything else out to 12 volt.What do you guys think?

Don-
The 124 and 125 use the same heat shield if the engine is the orginal engine, but doesn't yours use a REPLACEMENT (black) engine? If so, then the answer is probably "no", they are not the same..
dunno.gif

Kraig-
"The fish was a beauty the guy holding it was as ugly as ever."
rofl.gif

Seems to me there has alway been chatter about how a cub cadet can not plow very good with a lot of trash in the field, weather it be soybean or corn.
Well take a look at these couple of photos taken at the Cheesy Cub Fest held back in May.
Standing corn being mowed down befor the plowing begins.
87800.jpg

87801.jpg

Here I am following the host of the event, forgive him as he forgot it was a cub fest not a ford fest.
87802.jpg

The only problem I had was following the larger tractors as they where plowing a tad deep to be following them with a cub cadet, but I managed to hold my own and had far less trouble with trash buildup than the ford with the double bottom mounted plow.

Tim T, your correct that an amp gage is not voltage sensitive since its in series in a circuit. You may have to check which wire goes on which terminal so it shows charge/discharge correctly. ie: if it says dischg at WOT after starting you probably want to flip the wires.

I just got a 1000 that smokes, and has a broken front axle for $50, my question is will a axle out of a 682 fit? Thanks Jimmy

James,

Looking up in the CC Parts Look Up, both tractors have the same part number for the front axle, #759-3270.

Don T., Art is correct, your 125 does have a replacement engine with the sparkplug in a different position then on the engine that came in it, something I pointed out on Wednesday June 11th complete with photos.
bash.gif

Don T.

Sent you out the heat shield we talked about on monday. Unfortunatly its off the old style head, you will just have to drill out an extra hole for the new location.

Tom

Thanks Tom/ Art/ Kraiq and others helping get the 125 up and running as it should be. I was wondering if i just installed an old style head if that would not make this simpler to find a correct heat/ muffler support bracket. another question i need an answer for is the bearing and there races the same part no. for my Original as other cubs.The steering gear i got in the mail needs a rebuild.Its a real pain when you are promised good parts and get worn out junk and have payed the price for a usable part.This morning my local auto parts supplier will be here with a few things . paint, metal wash,primer sealer, and water trap so i can get some tractors running again. i told him i would be up to get these supplies and he said don`t bother i`ll deliver them, i want to see your
tractors.Thanks again guys.this is a great site BUT i miss the GRUMP,,lol
thumbsup_old.gif

"Art is correct
Art is correct
Art is correct Art is correct Art is correct Art is correct Art is correct Art is correct Art is correct Art is correct Art is correct Art is correct Art is correct Art is correct Art is correct....."

buttrock.gif

Can someone post a photo of the Belt Tensioning decal thats on the front mule cover used on the 38C, 44C or 50C mower deck? The operator manual (page 7) says to see the decal for how the idler ratchet notch should be aligned, but my decal is a bit worn.

Roy N.-

Adjust it so that the forwardmost triangular notch on the gauge is even with the front plate of the mule drive assembly.

LONNIE - Wyatt & I were at a IHCC Capter #4 plow day about 5 yrs ago with Our Cubbies....His 169 & My 72 plowing the sweetcorn patch just south of Oconomowoc on Rt 83 north of I-94 and the BIG tractors were plowing the cornfield behind the buildings. When We got done with the sweetcorn patch We made a round out back and didn't have too bad of a problem either except for a shortage of ground clearance a couple times. The Sect'y of Chapter 4 had His 5288 FWA & a borrowed #735 hyd. adjustable 6-22" plow and the round or two I rode with Him He was showing off a bit....nothing like 175 HP and all the traction You need....and I bet the one pass He was plowing 16-18 inches DEEP.... Next pass He hit a rock and three of the six bottoms tripped in sequence and it was without a doubt the NEATEST thing I'd ever seen. Those bottoms lifted up, cleared the rock and slipped right back into the ground. ALL of the tractors DAD ever owned combined wouldn't have pulled that plow. And He had a (pos) 4010-D, JD R diesel, 450 Farmall, SM-TA, a total of four M,s two H's, Super H, jd B
ihrotate.gif

Latest posts

Back