• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 15, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrigham

displayname
Brendan Brigham
doh....lets try that again
87736.jpg

Tim T - !!?? down here at my local Petrol (Gas) Servo/Tyre joint - Milton Tyre Service/Ampol Milton ! In St.Lois Mo I dunno. Help someone please!!

Are those diamond shape tires? If so I found some.Too bad I need four...Guess thats the price for havin dualies...

BY the way you guys,I painted my cub bout 3 weeks ago with the original cub paint.I bought it in the quart size and mixed it with an enamal reducer.Now the paint is quite brittle.It chips off very easy.What did I do wrong?I didnt use very much thinner at all.Bout 5 to 1 ratio.The can spray I got from cc(an above sponser)I used to do the little things,like air cleaner,seat mounts ect,and its just fine.I used the quart mix on the frame parts and the fender.All I did was set the fender down and the freakin paint chiped on me!!!Hmmm...

I wish I could stop doing this...I bought a zig-zag grille tractor Saturday night...Not for the tractor, but for what comes with it. Sadly, the only other tractors I have that it will fit on are...more zig-zag grilles...
happy.gif

Pictures to follow tonight when I bring it home...

Matt-
That just means there are less of those ugly Zig Zag grills for me to stumble across, so GOOD JOB!
thumbsup_old.gif

KRAIG - Wouldn't You agree that the 102/122/123 was about the least attractive looking CC? About the only thing I'll give it credit for is the fact it has a LOT of styling features similar to IH's 4100 series 4WD ag tractor.

Denny-
That's funny, I think the 1X2/3 series is the best looking narrow frame CC <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> built.

I guess it's a "blond vs. brunette" kind of thing....
bouncy.gif

Denny, oh I don't know I kinda like the looks of the 71, 1x2/3 series. It has a certain "toughness" about it perhaps because of it's similarity to the 4100. I still like the 72, 1x4/5 series best though because that is what I grew up with (I've been using a Cub Cadet 125 for almost 40 years, yikes!) and associate it's looks with Cub Cadet.

87740.jpg

87741.jpg

I have the wheels off my 126 and removed the tires. They are pretty nasty with a little rust, and alot of, well.....tire goo??? Anyway, I was thinking of taking a large metal container and trying to make some type of vat to just drop the rims (and other parts) in to let them soak. Anyone know of any kind of chemical that I could put them in that would really remove everything? Mineral Spirits just doesn't seem tough enough. Laquer thinner might do it, but it would evaporate too fast, way too flammable, and it just costs too much. I want something that will remove ANYTHING!! Any ideas?

HA-HA...Kraig....I've got You by a couple years... I ran the '63 Cub Cadet when it was brand new, so 45 yrs & counting. The '65 #70 Dad got new is still one of My favorites at home in the shop....just needs more HP.

Except for a few pieces of sheetmetal & the grill castings there's really no difference between a 70/100, & 71, 72, & 73

Jim, some people use a water/lye mixture to soak parts in for paint removal. I've never tried it but several forum members have. Perhaps they will post hints and tips. You could try a search of the forum for info.

87743.jpg

Well, this is my favorite. They do resemble the 4100 alot, never seen one before. I should be gettin one of those funny lookin z-grills shortly though, a plain Jane 73, don't even have fenders but I do have lights in the shed that will fit.
87746.jpg

Denny, yes but I've been running the 125 model for the entire time, not a mixture of Cub Cadet models. By the time my parents bought the Cub Cadet 2072 in 1988 I had already moved out and if I stopped by to do any yard work I used the 125, never could get used to the hydro control lever being on the right side. When I bought my place in 1992 I got the 125 from my parents, then I bought a second 125, then several 1x4/5 parts tractors, then a complete 105, then another 105.
happy.gif
Yeah I bought a 149 parts tractor and a 107 parts tractor. Oh I also have an Original but that was a gift and if all goes well I should have it fully refurbished by the end of this summer, finally.
buttrock.gif
Shut up Art!
lol.gif

Kraig-
I'm glad you never fell in love with the 2072 your parents bought new in 1988 or I might have a 125 sitting in my garage instead!
yikes.gif

Latest posts

Back