• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 14, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know what the weight of a Cub 109 is? I am going to look at a 109 tomorrow and only have a GMC Sonoma (S10) available to haul it. Has anyone tried this with a S10 before? If so how well did it work?

I have hauled my 1512 in an s10 bed. Seemed to work fine. Had to remove the 50" mower deck to fit between the wheel wells. Be very carefull of the tailgate. I know mine had a recalls on the support straps. I used some additional ratchet straps to help support the tailgate when I loaded.

Good luck.

Chris M - you should have no problem with the GMC. I've got a 2 wheel drive small Nissan truck and hauled my 126 no problem. Had to take off the deck for the tractor to go between the wheel wells.

Ron-
Thanks, I will look at that as a possibility. I have taken off the deck, and started looking at possible causes. Yeah, I bought my 108 last summer from the original owner. I like the tractor alot, but as of late it's been giving me a lot of fits. I can't complain, the thing is twice as old as I am. Thanks Ron, and take care.
thumbsup.gif

Wayne are you out there? I'm putting my 125 hydrostatic back together. In a prior post you said let you know when I get that far. What are the tricky procedures to put it back together? Making the two pins line up? Thank you.

I hauled my 147 home on a U haul trailer behind my S-10. No problems getting it going (easy peasy on a 4.3 V6) but I wish I had trailer brakes! The truck stopped it just fine, needed to remember to allow for more stopping time, but when it comes to hauling things the more brakes the better IMO.

I once borrowed a friends S-10 and felt the same way with my 73 in the bed. Forward motion was fine. Stopping was another story!! Must be small brakes in them S-10's. My F-150 doesn't have any problem with the trailer hauling a tractor.

Yes, an S-10 has small brakes. Very small brakes. I haul the 1250 Nightmare on a small trailer behind a 2002 Chevrolet Venture mini-van. It has small brakes, too. When in transit, it is very evident that there is a Nightmare behind the car.

Back to a topic, the said 1250 Nightmare is starting to have some play in the front wheels. The service manual says to shim the distance of between the bearing and the washer that holds the wheel on the spindle. Is there a size shim, such as .005 or.010 to use, and how much play is acceptable? Perhaps it is getting time for bearings? I don't want to ruin anything.

I thought the Cub and the original Cub Cadet had the same headlights.Is that correct?

Can someone post the break in procedure for a 14 hp Kohler. Didn't see it in the FAQ. And the searching leaves a bit to be desired.

Terry B.
Start it up, warm it up for 5 minutes or so.
Take it out to the yard with TALL grass, or hook it up to something heavy and work the snot out of it for 30 minutes to a hour, banging the governor once and a while for good measure. Works every time!
biggrin.gif

Charlie,
Thanks for the link, but sadly I'm unable to open them. It tells me the files weren't saved properly to the CC site. Is the info available any where else? Thank you.

Terry B.
Also found this,
First 30 minutes- vary the RPMs from idle to wide open. The tractor doesn't move.

Next 1 to 2 hours-I change the oil and take the tractor for a drive around my yard. I vary the RPMs during the drive. The oil is change again.

I like to find someting to put a load on the motor......moldboard plow, sled, tree, or my drag (driveway needs regraded). During this stage I let the motor warm up to operating temp and them drive it like stole it( if it blows up you didn't build it right) Oil is change again after 5 hours running time.

Main reason I chane oil so many times is make sure all dirt/machind fines are flush out of the inside of the motor. I use Kohler oil in my motors.

Eric P.
Go to the link below where the pages are. Instead of clicking to open them, since you obviously don't have Word on your machine.

Right click on each page and do a SAVE AS, to save them directly to your machine.

Charlie,
Saved them to my PC and opened them with OpenOffice. Thank you very much!

Hi Guys and Gals. I don't post much but read the forum everyday. It's been 6yrs. since I refurbed the 129. Here is a pic. from the right side I might not have posted during the work. It still works around the property and is enjoyed every time I ride it. It got a new seat just days after the picture was taken. Thanks Charlie for that and the copious amount of proper and quality parts that you sent.

259482.jpg

Back