• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 14, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmiracle

displayname
Clark Miracle
Would it be alright if I topped off my 1200's rearend with strait 30wt oil? It currently has thick, pink fluid that I'm guessing is Hytran in it

Hello:

Great Info, ordered the Spring Compressor tool. Any help on Part Number for the keepers for a valve stem but there are two on each valve. they have a thick and thin ends. the thin end goes toward the head of the valve when you compress the valve useing something that looks like .

Any help would be appreciated. I really want to get CCO 4740 back to work.

Mark

Mark, from the parts look up above
KH230011 Retainer,valve spring<font size="-2">(the disk under the spring)</font>
IH46209D Key, valve stem retainer<font size="-2">(order in pairs)</font>
E-mail sponsers above for possible source, as a popular one didn't show stock, but may be able to obtain.

Mark, I just had a brain storm!<font size="-2">(Thats great at my age!)</font>. Did you check inside the muffler for those 2 keepers!
old.gif

Mark, Your getting good advise.
Allen how would those keepers get in the cylinder?
happy.gif

I brought up that the keepers were off the valve . I would think that they would have to be found inside the breather. There is no way for them to leave that area with only a drain hole for oil that is to small for the keepers to fall through.I would look in the breather assembly for them.Most small engines use the same valve design ,so I don`t think it would be to hard to find another set.We are having Rain here most every day so I have been out in my shop getting some odd jobs out of the way. I hope we get some sun soon. later Don T

morning Denny !
coffee.gif

Original Cub, I finaly got me one and just a few items for it, hood ornament, fender to make it the way I want.
226323.jpg

MORNING DON! Well, the 982 gets a tune-up today. @&@% ONAN is running like crap. It's intermittant so I'm thinking there's something in the carb.

I put some in a line up just for me to have a picture, I thought would share. I didnot show the one's not running or need a repair. 100, 105, 125, 128, 1450 x 2, 1810, 1650 behind 1810 cannot see.
Don't tell the wife she is in the dark for now.
226329.jpg

Joe L., nice collection.
happy.gif

Paul B., thanks for the photos of the 86 and info on the S/G bracket.

So I get a call last night at 9:20. The guy says he's leaving town at 5:00 A.M. and wants to get rid of this thing tonight!
Soooooo, We load up and travel 90 miles to snag it!
226331.jpg

226332.jpg

226333.jpg

Charlie, very nice! Why can't I find stuff like that?
bash.gif
facepalm.gif

Brandon/Allen-
TSC/Valspar Transport yellow matches IH cub cadets pretty good... this is what my 149 is painted with..
226337.jpg

Dave R and Don...After a new day started, I reconsidered my thought of the keepers in the muffler...for some reason I had the exhaust gas exiting further down than it actually does. Dons idea is better, in the breather area.

Allen - <blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I just had a brain storm!(Thats great at my age!).<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Only one per day and you wasted that one ...

Charlie - Nice score
a_weep.gif

Charlie,
Guess burning the "Midnight Oil" paid off. (You lucky b-----d)

Tom, thats the right number of dashes.
Charlie, nice.
Allen, I almost said it might be in the crankcase, but after 30 some years I could never remember dropping one into the crank by accident.
Trust me, if I haven't done something I didn't want to after that many tries it's probably not possible

Latest posts

Back