• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 12, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a couple from "The Archive"

This first one is I believe is Travis S. and friends. (Or was it Shannon Pohl or perhaps John Buszkiewicz??) EDIT: I found the original post, it was Shannon Pohl and friends.

287389.jpg

I believe this was Wyatt, at least it looks like his truck and 72...

287390.jpg

Kraig,
Man, that's light years ago! Still kinda' funny/dangerous, but that's how those guys rolled!

Hey all haven't posted for a long time, glad to see the forum still up and running.
I went to the local IH dealer to see about some parts for my original that i decided to get running boy was i shocked when all the normal wear parts, like blades pulleys even bearings were NLA. Does any one know where I can get some original parts like Blades?
Hope you all can help...

Matt,

Yes, Charlie and the guys are doing a fantastic job with the site! I would say original parts (IH) are close to extinct, especially NOS parts. Charlie can probably hook you up with parts that will work just fine.
thumbsup.gif

Question:
Did "O" deck belt guard covers ever have a notch on one end? It's kinda like a half moon notch.
You can see a pic of it in the classifieds on May 22 under Aaytay's posting.
They don't look like that now, I have sandblasted and primed them.
proud.gif

I was sure surprised when it almost went over on me but the seat stopped it. I see by the serial number that it cant be a CC70 as the number is 174090. Is there anyway to tell what size engine it had?

Ed "Hot Rod" Lincoln - Geez, I'm just catching up here and see you had that spill with your recent acquisition. Glad to hear/see it sounds like you're ok. With just the serial number you provided and assuming you currently have a 7hp engine it would be my guess what you have is actually a Model 71, which would have originally used a 7hp engine. But I'm just guessing. If you can provide some more pics so we can see the frame and other things some of the experts on here may be able to tell a bit better.

Crank question. Pulled the crank out of a k301 for a rebuild and the crank bearing journals have some scoring on them. The bearings look fine and fit snug and the connecting rod journal looks fine. And thoughts as to whether the scoring would present a problem? Also, the scoring runs AROUND the journals rather than across them if that makes sense. Thanks

I know the rules not to ask here what "XXX" is worth - But I'm asking if there is somebody around that does appraisals in IH cub stuff? Curious what some of the hard to find stuff is worth.. I know it all depends on who wants it and condition and time of year....

Back