• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 01, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets start with the arm rest.
19246.jpg
19247.jpg

19253.jpg

Above is a 147, a narrow frame. (Actually I think it's really a 127 with 147 decals because it should have a notch in the frame for the bigger flywheel of the 14hp)

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on June 03, 2004)

19255.jpg

Above is a 149, a wide frame, note the flare in the frame just behind the engine. (Under edit to answer Art's query, this is Brian Jordan's nicely refurbished 149)

A 147 should have a notch with a section of the frame widened in the area of the flywheel. Here's a photo of that widened frame.
19257.jpg

BTW, the bracket in the above photo is the front mount for the electric lift that should give you an idea of where the widened section of frame is on a 147.

19259.jpg

Above is a 149 dash with 147 decals.

Kraig-
Who's <strike>messy garage</strike>...er...nice 149 is that?

Roy-
Here's the exploded view...
happy.gif

19261.jpg

Suffice it to say that the 149 is not for sale anymore...at least not as one piece..
roflol.gif

Terry D., what you have there is a mismatch of deck and tractor. That deck should have been with a 1x2/3 or a 1x4/5 series tractor. I'm sure there is a belt that will work but you'll likely have to wait for someone that has BTDT or measure with a rope the length of the belt you'll need then try to cross it.

Thamks for the info on the seat and the slot.
Are these arms still available?
Dean

I know Bryan's going to get a laugh out of this, but during the past 3 weeks I've probably tried 10 times to order a CPE-2 directly from Cub Cadet and everytime I get this recording...

Thank you for calling the MTD technical service line. Due to heavy call volume, our phones lines are experiencing an extremely long delay. It is requested that you call back during business hours, between 8am-5pm. Thank you Good bye'...<click>

Anyone know what's up with Cub Cadet that ya can't even order a manual???

Dean, good question! You could try one of the forum sponsors above, they might know.

Kraig, Art, Dean,
Thanks for 147 vs. 149 clarification. Now a Post-It note goes into my Updike book.

Art - sorry to see your 149 in such embarrasing shape, especially given its provenance to the 3rd Secretary to the Reverse Consulate of India. I would have gladly bought it and put it to good use, but then I looked at the highway map and you're just too far away from Rhode Island for a day-trip! Hopefully I'll soon get another 149 or maybe a 1450/1650 and use one for lawn mowing and the like, and the other for a F.E.L./Backhoe ala Nate Fisher.

Roy

Roy, careful with the post-it note, if left for too long they tend to not want to let go. I'd hate for you to ruin that nice book. Better to get a piece of plain paper, write the note on it and put it in the book. Now if you could get some acid free paper and write on it with a writing instrument made for archival purposes that would be best. :eek:)

So here's the scenario:

The Apocalypse, the only thing left standing is your IH Cub Cadet, your lawn and the local Gates dealer. The lawn is getting long so you go and fire up your trusty CC but low and behold the belt breaks, and the spare that you bought is still smoldering from all that fire and brimstone *stuff*...

Would that be a good enough reason to go purchase a non CC belt?
happy.gif

Matt-
LOL!
Only after you've clicked on all the colorful boxes above...oh wait...in your scenerio, the computer's gone too...
roflol.gif

Roy-
Just remember this phrase...
"Beaten down now, strong and nimble later..."

Kraig - I don't think I need worry about archival quality Post-It notes. I just looked at the book and there is no mention of it being printed on acid-free paper or meeting the librarians standard for paper longevity. ;-)

Art - I'm already beaten down. I live in the most highly taxed state in the Union (R.I.), and my wife boards a horse clear across the state (35 minutes away) in Massachusetts. Though she surprised me this morning when she said she would use my 149 to mow the lawn on Saturday while I went shopping at an Old Iron tractor show a few miles away in Woodstock, CT. You could have knocked me over with a feather. But after four years she still doesn't know how to start the 149 - shows you how often she helps in the yardwork!

While I'm comparing Cadet models, what's the difference between the 682 and 782? Unless the Updike book is wrong, they both are 17 HP Kohler Hydro's - right?

Roy

Roy, yep both are 17hp. The difference is that the 682 has manual lift and the 782 has hydraulic lift.

Roy, my main point was that the post-it note will not let go of the page should you wish to remove it at some point in the future, it'll likely tear the page before it lets go.

Latest posts

Back