• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 01, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmorrow

displayname
Kenny Morrow
Hello, Richard! I think at one point I did try a small set of needle-nose vise grips, but it was a set that had been ground at the sides to make them narrower, and they flexed too much to grip the spring consistently. I may try to find another pair of those that would work better, I know I have used vise grips to install springs before with a fair amount of success.

I'm not sure where the PTO clutch is rubbing, but since it has to be adjusted if removed, I'll run through the procedure on both of them and hopefully wind up with two working clutches instead of just one. If it was possible to just do a bolt-up swap on 'em, I probably wouldn't bother to try to fix the bad one since I'm probably gonna sell the worse of the two tractors to somebody in the area who builds pullers and wouldn't care about the PTO anyway, but if I have to adjust it anyway because of the swap, I'll most likely try to fix it. It'll be good practice learning how, anyway, and I have the manual.

BTW, Richard, is the correct Moog kit number for iso-mounts K5252? I'm thinking that is the number I've seen posted. Also, are there two mounts in each kit or only one?

Kenny M.
The Moog kit is K-5252 but that is not what I really like to use anymore. My first choice is to use the Cub Cadet ones. For me the Moog ones are just too stiff. If you want to save some money and you can find 4 good rubbers in the ones you take off then just buy one moog kit and do like this. Four good old ISO mount rubbers on the bottom and 4 Moog rubbers on the top.

19203.jpg

Thanks Steve,
You comments are helpful -- hopefully by the weekend I'll have a two-cub family! The 149 I looked at is overall rougher than my 106, and ran rougher, louder, etc. But there didn't seem to be any hydro leaks, and I love the lift. Maybe this will be my fall plow tractor! cjm

hello to all, this is my first post and you will think it very stupid. on brads starter problem you might check the battery. i recently purchased a 782 from a gentleman who got disgusted with it after a few minor problems, one of which was the starter would run,but not engage. after cleaning, spraying, and cussing i happened to look at the battery and he had installed it backwards. the starter was turning the wrong way and was sucking the starter drive in, not throwing it out

Richard, that is one nice, professional looking canopy! Wish I had one like it on my 684, it already has a roll bar, just needs the canopy.

I did use the CC iso-mounts on my 1450, but I'm thinking of trying the Moog kits on a 1000 that I'm fixing. That K241AQS runs so smoothly that I believe it actually wouldn't vibrate too badly even if it was solid mounted, so I'm thinking the Moog kits might provide all the dampening it would need. I figure it needs the isomounts as much for shaft alignment as anything, so I definitely want to put something in there.

Terry L.- Head to a Kubota or Grasshopper dealer for the filter, you will save more than a couple bucks. It is a Kubota fuel filter. Tell them you need a fuel filter for the Kubota D600.

Is there a Gates Professional belt that replaces the deck belt on a 42" QA deck (IH-477599-R2)?

The Gates website does not show one.

Thanks,
Rick

Richard-
Wow! Great job! Before I read your post I saw the pictures and thought, "That looks just like the older IH tractors!"

I have a narrow frame Cub Cadet that I am trying to get fully
working.

My mower deck attachment frame is very similar to this one
http://i23.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/e8/85/a9_1_b.JPG

How does that mount to the tractor and to the mower deck itself?

(directions relative to photo) I think the points on the left attach
to the mower, the pickle fork on the left hooks up along the horiz
shaft that is part of the lifting arm on the tractor.

The right most 2 holes attaches to the pulley assembly (not pictured)

Where does the flat piece of metal with a slotted hole attach? My
frame has only one flat stock bracket (with a slot in it) just like
that frame. Is there suppose to be 2?

What is dangling at the 2 ends of the inner arm -are they eye bolts?
(mine are missing) Do they bolt to the front of mower deck?

Do you know the approx length of the tractor to mower deck belt?
I checked out this page http://ihregistry.com/ref/belts/SIZE.htm, and it wasn't clear which one I needed.

Thanks, Chris

Chris, your profile states that you have a 125. The 125 has a Quick Attach front mount and usually uses a Quick Attach deck. The deck carriage/subframe you posted the link to is a bolt on subframe for a pin on deck.

19222.jpg

Pin on deck with subframe.

19223.jpg

Bolt on subframe and pin on deck on tractor.

19224.jpg

Quick Attach deck on tractor.

19225.jpg

Quick Attach deck.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on June 02, 2004)

Here is a narrow frame QA mower deck subframe.
19227.jpg

I hate to point out the obvious but... the PTO Clutch pulley and the Mower drive pulley are not part of the deck subframe. The section of the lift rockshaft in the upper left is also not part of the subframe.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on June 02, 2004)

Thank you Kraig with out your help, I'd have been lost.

The picture https://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/messages/4/19227.jpg describes mine exactly.

I am missing a lift link, so I'll have to make one.

I built a repro of the pulley tightener since I didn't know it had a spring.
I'll have to guess on the belt length, perhaps I'll use string.

i'm working on a very similar situation... i have a 127 (most recent purchase), and it didn't have the deck drive belt on it when i bought it... well come to find out the reason it didn't was that the clutch is not working properly... i think i know how it is suppose to work but not sure about the details of engaging and disengaging... does someone have a good pic of this???

Latest posts

Back