• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 31, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marlin,

Yeah, man!!

thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 113
I am trying to sort out the tire size for the O I am in the process of putting together. The rear rims that came with it look like they came off some other cub and are 6 7/8" inside. This seems to be a bit wide for 6 inch wide tires which I believe came on the O.

Does this inside dimension sound more like a later cub rim. The paint color seems to be from a later cub.

I just sent these out to be sand blasted and want to figure out what tires I can put on the rear.

Jason W. The front tractor is my 125 with the Brinly hitch. Like Kraig M. it is one of my favorite Cub Cadets. Clarence (102) is named after the gentleman that was a WWII vet and owned Clarence for many years before passing away. A neighbor bought Clarence and used him with a 48"deck with one blade removed to mow his mother's lawn. When he wanted a bigger tractor he sold me the 102 with the deck but kept the Craftsmen snow thrower that he mounted on it. I plan on getting him running in the next two weekends.

John L. I am keeping the Firestone OEM tires on Clarence. More than likely I will mount the tires if I get them on the 125 for extra lawn mowing traction. I tend to spin out on some slight slopes if the grass is wet.

I checked my email and the gentleman with the Ag tires still has the ad listed. Maybe after a week I will offer a little more. I just need to get to some Plow Days again. Then I will need those Ags.

Carson - if you're measuring your rim width as 6 7/8" then it is to wide for the standard 6x12 tires that came on the Original. According to the parts look-up the Original used 55A rims with 6x12 tires. I believe a 55A rim should be approximately 5.5" wide. For later tractors I see a 7JA-12 rim with a 23x8.5-12 tire. My guess would be your rim about 6 7/8" wide is a 7JA-12 and you should use a 23x8.5-12 tire. Please note this may be the correct tire for the rims you have, but neither are original to the CC Original tractor.

Harry:

I think you are correct. I think someone put newer wider rims on the O. I was hoping to keep it pretty much original but I think at this time will have to go with the bigger tires and sacrifice it to correctness police when they look at it. This poor tractor has had too many things done to it over its life.

Looks like it will need 8.5 inch wide tires which should look ok once everything is done. It took me a while and some research to figure out the tire sizing for garden tractors.

Thanks

Marlin:
"A neighbor bought Clarence and used him with a 48"deck with one blade removed to mow his mother's lawn" ..... Huh???
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 130
Good grief Gerry!
You never heard of the stripping kit offered by IH?
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 121
I don't think this was in any of the attachment sales brochures.

Next page for pictures

Back