• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 31, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danderson

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Doug Anderson
Archive bug. My first time. Try again.
307554.jpg

307555.jpg

Attachments

• 307554.jpg
    307554.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 307555.jpg
    307555.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 307555.jpg
    307555.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 307554.jpg
    307554.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 99
Hey Marty, I grew up in Columbus Ga, down on the Chattahooch! My trade brought me up this way, much more Industry North! IIRC only had one snow that "stuck" during my childhood, 1977. Shut the whole place DOWN, ALL roads!!!
Heck it was only like 4-6" LoL

That Ga summer heat and all those dang pine trees, ugh! We got below 85 prolly 2mnths outta the year, it would get all the way down to like 70 in deep winter! Nah would get into the 40's though! Cubbers down there prolly strictly 30 weight all year round!
thumbsup.gif
with just a touch of the "Snake Oil" .

307558.jpg

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 89
  • 307558.jpg
    307558.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 115
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 307558.jpg
    307558.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 118
Doug A -

Not only did "You" repair your 122 tank, but you were fortunate enuff to use the very same tools your uncle used during his career as a craftsman/tradesman!!!!

Now that's a Great Big Ole "Double" IH thumbs up in my book ALL day Long!!!!!!

307566.jpg
greenthumb.gif

Man those ole copper irons look SWEET!

THANKS! For Sharing!!!

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• 307566.jpg
    307566.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 109
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 109
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 103
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 307566.jpg
    307566.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 108
Marty G. Thank You. I just texted the gentleman. He's asking $60 for the pair. They are Carlisle off a 2160. They may end up on either the 125 or Clarence (102). They are a little weather checked so I offered a little lower. I'll put tubes in them anyway.

Doug A. That is fantastic that you have those tools. Practice using them when you have time. Your soldering doesn't look bad at all.

Jason W. Since you're fairly new, I thought I'd post a couple of pictures of Clarence. I had to replace his original engine with another ten horse since the original broke a ring and put a nice gouge in the side of the cylinder wall. I have to find the time to set the governor on that engine and rebuild the carburetor.

307571.jpg

307572.jpg

307573.jpg

Attachments

• 307573.jpg
    307573.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 307572.jpg
    307572.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 119
  • 307571.jpg
    307571.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 307573.jpg
    307573.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 307571.jpg
    307571.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 307572.jpg
    307572.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 103
What is it with 102s and rear pto's?......easily the most common model to get a rear pto. ....can't explain, but seems to hold true!

Steve B.
I bought a 102 last fall with guess what?...a rear PTO. I've noticed the same thing you have.

Steve and Kirk - I've only ever seen the rear PTO on a 100 (maybe 3 of them), and a 126 which I know the guy installed it himself.

Jason - geez, I'm trying to catch up here but seems you almost restarted The Great Oil Debate. The best thing I remember from the very first one was a statement someone passed along from an old-timer that "oil is oil, some is better than none".

Now, about your Brake Lights - with a little modification effort I think you'll get them to work. I had at least one Quiet Line and I believe one 1x9 unit that had an IH 4 position light switch. Had what looked exactly like the original switch knob. As I recall position 1 was OFF, position two was ON (headlights and tail lights), position three was OFF, and position four was ON (tail lights only).

If you could find one of these switches I think you could wire the 4th position to give you Brake Lights. You'll probably have to come up with a dual micro-switch to use on the brake pedal instead of the Start Safety Switch. I guess it wouldn't work when you are driving around with the Head and Tail lights ON (position two) but you could drive around at night with the switch in position four and no one would see you coming but if you depressed the brake they'd might see you stopping
bash.gif

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 111
I have owned one and seen several others......all on 102's. Makes me wonder if it was promoted as the "new thing" when that series was released and since the 10hp models were very common then, if that makes them more common on 102's.......either way, I generally ignore xx2/3 series...EXCEPT to look for a PTO or hyd. lift

Jason/Harry,

You can also wire them to flash with a switch change........

307579.jpg

Attachments

• 307579.jpg
    307579.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 307579.jpg
    307579.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 113
Steve B. I've had three 100 Cub Cadets wit the rear pto and turned down the chance to buy a 122 with a rear pto. I wish that I would have kept at least one of the 100s. Ryan McShane found a 128 out in Ames with a rear pto. For awhile it seemed like they were everywhere around here. I stopped acquiring anymore Cub Cadets due to so many projects.

Marty G. The ad for the 23 x 9.5 x 12 Ag tires read $60.00 OBO so I asked if he would take $40.00 and the guy texted me back and said $60.00 FIRM. So much for OBO. Oh well...
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 120
David S. Not sure yet. I am so far behind on the "to do list" and I need to get caught up before cold weather sets in. A fella wants me to get that 1415 I bought running so he can look at it. He's trying to get me to sell it to him.

Marlin,

Wait about a week or two and text the guy back and ask him if he has had any better offers than yours?!!
err.gif

That is, unless you really want them bad.

Attachments

• err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 103
Steve - but Jason would have to interface the brake pedal too. Otherwise, he'd have to hit the brakes and turn the switch to position 1 at the same time. That's partly why I didn't like the multi-position switch. You have to look at what lite up to decide it was what you wanted.
biggrin.gif

Marlin - heck text the guy back and tell him his ad said "OBO" so that's what you did. If you want you can tell him your offer is "good for a week" and maybe even add to that "after a week you might lower your offer or not even want them". (I would close by saying "Some Jerks" but we can all think that).

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 97
Harry,

That mod was intended for snow removal machines, where the flashing red lights give you some "Caution" visibility out by the road.

For those of us used to running big IH equipment the switch positions are second nature, as they are always: Hazard (flashers) , Road (flashers & dim headlights), Field (no flashers, All other lights).......

Marlin H -

Broke ring & big gouge in cylinder wall, ouch. Well I've leaner here lately, in my case anyway, I will NEVER find time for wrenching on cub, I have make it a priority and set ALL Those other "Things to do" on the back burner! Prioritizing my things to do can get mind numbing at times. "Clarence" is a fine looking machine. As you know my 149 has a 1250 rear and hydro pump. It's amazing how the "time" to make that swap moved straight to the front burner once I had the parts I needed.
thumbsup.gif

As far as the obo/firm goes, either like you said "oh well" or as others here have suggested after a week maybe a response like, ad said OBO, they still for sale? LoL
Hey I noticed tractor in front of Clarence, I was trying to check out the possible 3 point lift???

307586.jpg

-----------------------------------------

Hydro -

Yep I got'em working, after major leg cramp from stomping on "Brake" pedal umpteen dozen times Marty said try the light switch, LoL Well now I Realize as Marty and Frank both mentioned "Taillights" NOT Brake lights!
facepalm.gif

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 99
  • 307586.jpg
    307586.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 122
  • facepalm.gif
    facepalm.gif
    898 bytes · Views: 108
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 307586.jpg
    307586.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 108
Marty G. and Harry B. Here's the guy's ad; "Nice set of bar tires off of a cub cadet 2160. Have a little wether checking on them but not bad. Need gone asap. Don't need anymore. 60 Obo" And it's been there for over a week. Tires don't look bad. I'd like them but his text reply makes me want to stick to the $40.00 offer. Sure the rms come with but I don't need four bolt rims.
happy.gif

I just emailed him....

Good morning.

You said that your price is $60 firm..... I tell you what..... I'll let my offer stand at $40.00 CASH stand for a week from today at $40.00 firm. I noticed that you want them gone (quote; "asap"). I don't need the rims and the tires are just a "whimsical mood" to ad Ag tires to one of my Cub Cadets that I use for mowing. I won't resell them like some jerks like to do. More than likely they would be installed on either the 125 or the 102.

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 95
Hi Marlin! I enjoyed the pictures you shared, of the model 102, and 125. It's nice to see our garden tractors working hard, and dirty! An honest, settling testament to the True IH Cub Cadet earning it's keep year after year! I'll never complain about seeing more of your's in the future!

I'll keep on the sunny side, and suggest that the tires you might like to purchase will come your way soon. Hopefully, the gent selling them will see that the tires will be put to good use. Maybe offer $5 more? Say, I'd hold on those Firestone original "Gum-dipped" rear tires on ol' Clarence if they are worth keeping. I love seeing original tires still on these machines!

On a side note, I'm still pecking away at my 125. Hoping to tinker more through out this week, and to spend a good 5-6 hours in the shop working on the 125 this Saturday. I have some things to do to my Blazer to have it ready for winter, among other things around the house. Busy, busy, busy, I'll tell ya!

Take care guys, have a good day!

Latest posts

Back