• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 31, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstouffer

displayname
James Stouffer
Can Anyone help: Cannot find brgs for mule drive pulleys that have a snapring that holds them in place Thanks Jim

James S.
I've looked for them myself for quite a while with no luck.
I even sent one off to McMaster-Carr and they struck out too.
sad.gif

I bit the bullet and just bought new ones.
89401.jpg

Kraig & Ben I think its because i did`n clean them down with the wax and grease remover i got here. I think my mind must be slipping.. Later Don
coffee.gif

Charlie: Can you still buy that style pulley with brg or are you buying the stamped steel pulleys.I've got two mowers with this style pulleys on, Thanks for info. James S

The bearings for those pulleys are avilable at Case IH dealers, the part # is 492087R91 And we sell them at $17.07.This is the brg. for in the pulleys for the 2 blade timed deck

The paint chart in the FAQ's lists cross references for the old IHC #901 paint (renovating an IHC Cub Cadet 123 hydro). I've checked with 4 different NAPA dealers in my area for the Martin Senour NAPA 99L-3965 and they have no idea what that number is. Not in their computer.
Can anyone provide me with a good NAPA number or a different source for the #901 paint?

Eric S.
That's great if it really will convert over, but please tell us which one of the timed deck bearings that this interchanges with.
thumbsup.gif

Keith L.
Thanks, but until I see it from MTD/CCC or Case IH, I doubt I take Messicks word for much of anything.
You forget, I'm from Missouri.

Charlie, That is the replacement bearing for the mule drive pulleys and they will work. I sold a few sets of them.

I got the bearing for that type of pulley at my local bearing house, Gopher Bearing.

You guys just had to get me diggin dint ya!
biggrin.gif

The IH-588825-R91 2 spindle mower bearing converts over to 941-0979 and SRP is only $15.14.

So I called my Case/IH dealer and he can't find that 492087R91 number that crosses, course he's not to bright anyway.

So that leaves it up to someone else to Show Me.
thumbsup_old.gif

I have a 1450 that I am building back up, and it had a Mallory coil on it. Will any automotive coil work on these, and/or is there any one brand that works better than others?

"I have a 1450 that I am building back up, and it had a Mallory coil on it. Will any automotive coil work on these, and/or is there any one brand that works better than others?"

Not unless you get the proper resistor to drop the voltage to spec. I tried an aftermarket coil and it ran like poo. ;) After just a short time, the points (new) were shot). I bought the proper coil (for less than the automotive) and a new set of points. It runs outstanding now.

James S.
You want to make your Cub run like a champ?
Click the Kirk Engines button above and go with his Points Saver setup.
thumbsup_old.gif

Kraig and Don T:
A followup on the surface prep before paint..
I used to use lacquer thinner, till I had some issues with fresh paint that turned out to be some wax still on the surface, after all the prep was done.. I started following Dupont's suggestion and use DuPont™ Prep-Sol® 3919S™ Cleaning Solvent, as outlined by these Dupont tech tips. The problem with lacquer thinner? It will dissolve the wax, but not lift it, so you end up smearing it around and leaving some behind.
bash.gif

The mule drive pulleys on the 128 are original, and must be the stamped version. No snap rings. I picked up two new ones from my local shop. They came in a Stens bag, at $11.00 bucks a pop....
coffee.gif

Hey guys. I just finished restoring a 125. I have never set the timing on a k301 or any other kohler engine before. Can anyone give me the correct steps to follow?

Latest posts

Back