• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 31, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
roflol.gif

The forum is a bit slow so I thought I'd relate a bit of my yellow fever. Circumstances dictate that I live about 5 hrs. from my cub and the 2 acres it mows/maintains. (my property). Economics say I should hire a lawn guy given the gas it takes me to drive BUT,,,, I do,, every other week just to get some "seat time" and enjoy the Kohler, MMO and the smell of cut grass not to mention the thrill of the K301 starting on the first rev. every time with the Kirk system.
worthy.gif

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Hello all ,to late again lol. I will soon be able to mow with 2 O`s a 147and a 125. thanks to our above list.have decided to change the head and use the tin i have for a centered spark plug. Hope some one has dug to the back of his shed for that shot of his O mower spindle covers. thanks Don T
coffee.gif

Good Morning fellers.....Poured concrete this morning for the new Cub shed......Waiting to finish it then I'm gonna be ready to do some more pouring...
beer2.gif

Pictures to follow.......
drool.gif

I just bought a used 1976 Hydro and was wondering if there is an easy way to remove/replace the lower bolts holding the cowlings/shields over the heads. They seem to be quite inaccessible and were a pain to get out so I'm not looking forward to getting them back in. Any advice would be appreciated.

Getting closer to spraying paint.... I finally broke down the 149's pedestal yesterday... The hydro speed control lever was a PITA.... I ended up putting the shaft in the vise with the restr of the pedistal hanging, and using an adjustable wrench under the lever to pry. It did not budge, until I hit it with a heat gun, which did the trick. I removed all of the shafts, which had to be heated to anneal the roll pins (Grrr)so they would move.

89420.jpg

89421.jpg

89422.jpg

Here is the pedestal hanging form the vise...

89423.jpg

Sandblasted pedestal

89424.jpg

Now I need to see if I can repair the fiberglass... Charlie has some new ones, but they are not in my budget right now... I have fixed snowmobile cowls before, soooo... wish me luck...
89425.jpg

How do you tell a Cub Cadet coil from a regular automotive coil. I am putting my 169 back together and would like to make sure I have the right one.

David,
The internal resistance is different. Do a search of the vault, and you will find much on the topic, including this diagram..

board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back