• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 29, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frederick, here is an exploded view of the hydro control for your 125.

20589.jpg

Well, Off to Brooks! Hope that Ranger Buck finds us over there. Have not been able to track doun the fearless leader as of now.
Will hope to get some pictures for Kraig and Jeff.

Digger>
Drop me a e-mail on the progress and amount when you are finished.

Gots lots of work to do this weekend.
Recived my 6-12 ags, and all my e-pay items this week so I will be out in the shop all weekend working on the cubs.

Bryan Baker, I'll second what Charles McCarty thinks. HOOK UP WITH PAUL FUNK ! One of the nicest people around and does some incredible work with cub cadets. He and his family always made me feel right at home at a show or at his home. They are great people. I wish I had made that show in Boonville but I live in Mass. now.

I have sent an email to Paul, don't worry! lol He sure does seem like an OK guy, and I think I have prolly met him before at a tractor show in the last couple of years. I will be needing some help here, and there so it will be good to have someone local to call before I screw something up.

I have wanted a cub for a long time, but had to wait till I could have a place of my own for one. So I finally got one and it needs lots of work!
happy.gif

Hey all,
Got another question for ya. Having trouble with my charging system on my Original. It seems to drain the battery so i can't start it, it will run fine one minute and if i shut it off or stall it out and go to restart it, it will turn over real slow or not at all because the battery is too drained. Battery is new, starter/generator was just rebuilt, and tried 2 voltage regulators, 1 used 1 new. Hooked up a voltage meter to the battery while running and it says only 12 volts, turn it off and the battery reads the same. It is almost an intermittent problem, sometimes it will read 12.5-13 sometimes it will read 11.5 while running. I am not running any accessories like headlights or anything and i am at a loss right now as to what it could be, so far have done everything that i could think of. The only thing that i could think that would cause a load on the system is a faluty coil, and that is the only thing that i haven't checked or tested. Or could it be that both of the voltage regulators have gone bad. Any help would be much appreciated.

Kevin

(Message edited by kduffy on July 30, 2004)

Wanted: a for sale add to tell me how much my tractor is worth.

I think my tractor may be worth a whole lot or very little, but I suppose that would depend on if someone is willing to buy it and if I was willing to sell it.

NEED HELP!
HAVE #1 ROTOTILLER.
NEED BELT CROSS OVER NUMBERS LIKE NAPA OR GATES FOR BELT ON TILLER.
CUB PARTS BOOK #IS 487-044R1.
CUB DEALER WAS OF NO HELP.

Charlie-
That's it! I didn't figure it'd have lawn mower wheels on it, either way it wasn't a bad find.

Hydro Harry

Sorry to hear about your father's passing. I never meet him but judging by his son he was a great man. The prayers of the Motuzick house hold go out to you.

JOE

Lee K,
This isn't what you asked for but it's the best I have right now.
Go with an IH-62235C1 it's 13/32 Wide x 53" long.

IH-487-044R1 is an old number that they might not be able to cross if they are a little behind the times.

Lonny,
Your tractors ain't worth nothin, so I'll be up and take'um off your hands! What time did you say you went to work?

Mike F. and Charlie M., thanks for the kind words. Yep, I'll have to get with Bryan now that I've lost two buddies to talk Cub Cadets. I hope to meet with Bryan in a couple of weeks when school is back in session.

Lee K. -

Yeah, your dealer may not be with it, but did ya ever try one of our SPONSORING dealers?

<font size="-2">can't wait to hear the excuse
lol.gif
</font>

Mike Frade,

Good to see you post again. Maybe it is a jinx from meeting Paul - I am now moving to Indianapolis!!!!! The move hasn't really become real yet. I've lived in Gibson County my entire life! Now I'm going to the BIG CITY. (for indiana it is). Kind of backwards. Anyway - no cub shed yet, and it is begging to worry me.

CJM

Kraig:
Thanks for all the info. With this help I should have a hit at the fair. The only attachments I have that were not built by me are the mower decks. The 124 has a 48" deck and the 125 hydro has a 42" deck and a rear factory implement lift. I plan to have the attachments that I made for them (spray rig with 6’ spray bar, 48” wide rear blade, Seed/fertilizer spreader and green made but yellow color rotor-tiller) there also. Again thanks for all the help. The fair board seams excited to have them. We will see how it goes.

Hydro Harry: Sorry to hear about the lost of your Father. Our sympathy goes out to you.

To all
Here are the Pics of the 104 I picked up Thursday. It a'nt pretty. But it can be fixed.
Blowed all the Bird & wasp nests out. Tried to start it, It would turn over but not fire. Pulled the Spark plug, no fire. Now I am going have to trouble shoot the problem.
20601.jpg

20600.jpg

20602.jpg

20603.jpg

later
<font color="808080">{</font><font color="0000ff">:</font><font color="ff6000">-</font><font color="808080">{</font><font color="aa00aa">)</font>
Now with 2 Cub Cadets: (1200 & 104) In Southeastern Virginia

Frank, No spark, huh. I'd start with looking at the spark plug wire for any cracks or deterioration, then the points and condensor, after that I'd check the coil. If all of that is done, then the key switch would be the next place to look.

Latest posts

Back