• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 29, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank "W",
The FIRST thing I would do is run a piece of very fine emery cloth across the points. When those ol' girls sit a long time, the pionts get buggered up.

Anybody know if there is/was a standard size gauge wheel for the 38", 42", and 48" stamped end decks? Or if the 38" deck was supposed to have smaller gauge wheels?

Thanks

Hey Guys,
What a great summer. I've got my 8 year old son mowing with the 149 my dad bought new for me in 1974. I'm running a 1650. Between us we're mowing about 3-4 acres every week. And it's become one of our "guy things" that we do together.
I got hooked on cubs when my 2 uncles each bought 70's to mow with, and then my father bought me the 149 to mow our farm and other nearby properties (I was in the fourth grade). It's a great thing how the yellow and white tractors bring so many people together.

Now--question--. The right side of my 50" deck has always run lower than the left. Are there any tricks to getting the large decks to level? I've tried the eye bolts, but with no luck. I'm thinking maybe to put some spacers under the rear brackets on the left to push it down lower.

Greetings, whilst running the 782 I noticed a wobble in the right rear wheel(standing at the front) took the wheel off and the disc is wobbling back and forth. there is no play in the end of the axle where it exits the housing. is it possible that the disc assembly is warped or is the axle automatically the culprit,any thoughts. thanks in advance! shawn

Bart "M",
One of the hangers has a threaded link that can be adjusted longer or shorter. That should do the trick.

Bart M,
Did ya by any chance check out the FAQ's above. Steve B. has some great info on leveling decks.

Tom H.

You been to the garage lately!!!!!!! LOL

Hello,
I seen a post here about a month ago reguarding front axle/spindle modification that added bearings, and also decreased turning radius. Can someone post this again if they have it, I would love to get started on that mod.

Thanks
Jim

Thanks fellas. I have looked at the FAQ's about a hundred times, but the deck leveling thing I somehow missed. Might be old age settin' in. (I do aspire to be a GEEZER someday)...

James S,
Poor Wyatt and Kraig both have posted that many many times.
Try doing a search for axle mod and see if you come up with the same thing I did. Like the first one in that search?
Or I guess this is what you really wanted,
CLICK HERE
OOPS! I forgot to tellya you would have to scroll down about 3/4's of the page to see what your asking about.

(Message edited by cproctor on July 31, 2004)

Thanks fellas. I have looked at the FAQ's about a hundred times, but the deck leveling thing I somehow missed. Might be old age settin' in. (I do aspire to be a GEEZER someday)...

Hi James!

I did that mod on several of my machines, and it worked out slick... but I don't have the pix here... it's not too complicated, though- weld the left knuckle's original drag-link hole shut, and then re-drill it displaced half the hole's width toward the kingpin... works great!

Hi All, Finally getting back to working on making the 149 diesel cub using a z600 Kubota which is simalar to the three cylinder in the Cub 782D except that it is a twin instead of a triple. The last major issue is the oil filter blockoff plate on . I have a plate made , but I am having a hard time finding the right size bolt to hold on a blockoff plate. I remember seeing one one an a Kubota quite some ago . This engine can be configured for a remote filter which has been done . Any help would be much appreciated ,, Wayne

Bart M...
Last winter I got a 149 with a blown engine. Replaced the 321 with a 301 that I "just happened to have". When it came to mowing with it (44" deck) I couldn't get the deck levelled. The adjustment bolt on the left side just wouldn't adjust high enough. After looking long and hard I noticed that the arm on the left side hung down, or "back" quite a bit further than the one on the right. A friend had a 149 parts tractor and the arms were in line with each other. I got the whole tractor from him and changed the rockshaft(?), which brought everything into line. I'd thought it was a factory mistake from day one, but now wondering if maybe adjustment bolts were added just for that reason. With both arms in line, I don't need the adjustment bolt. Gotta luv 'em!

Wayne-
You're looking for the bolt size? If you've tried a metric bolt with no luck, it may be an odd pitch (odd for U.S. anyways). Domestically we typically only see only one metric thread pictch, but overseas there's both fine and coarse. You may have the right size metric bolt, but the wrong pitch, but it may look right. Example is an M10 bolt will have a coarse 1.25 threads/mm and a fine will be 1.50 threads/mm.

Try going to a place that services refrigeration units for tractor trailers, they likely have what you're looking for with that Kubota. If not try www.mcmaster.com

A few months ago I bought a 42" mower deck that didn't have the rear wheel mounts. I am hoping to restore it.
Does anybody have a picture they will post that I can use to either buy or fabricate the mounts?
The ID No. is 422U1113
Any help is always appreciated.
Bill

Charlie,
Huh??

Mark "M",
Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seein' the 982.

I goofed when asking for information about a 42" mower, ID No. 422U1113. I called them wheel "mounts" and should have said "rear wheel brackets".
Bill

Thanx Wyatt, I was over to a reefer dealer in Green Bay , Wi. and did not have to good of luck (did not seem very important to them) , so I'll try another one . I was also thinking of making somthing out the original oil filter adapter where you could halve it and configure a more commom thread out of the other half via welding or someother means of attachment . I got a lot of money tied up in the remote filter hoses and really don't want to notch the frame so the oil filter would be back to the stock position

If you put ag. tires on the front do you rotate the tread pattern the opposite of the rear. or the normal direction?

Back