• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 29, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joel-
So far that I've tried it, it doesn't seem to matter. I run mine "4wd-like foreward" and don't have a problem, even pulling a plow that usually makes the front light I still don't have a problem.

I have my front AG's turned to the standard 4X4 position. Steers real nice. My favorate tractor!

Joel- Non-driven ag tires are supposed to go "backwards" but putting them on the front of a cub the "normal" way looks better to me.

Think of a ground-drive manure spreader. The treads are put on backwards to keep the lugs cleaned out and the drive chains moving.

20612.jpg

(Message edited by jmacdonald on August 01, 2004)

Having some picture posting self taught lessons. Bare with me I want to show a 125 I just came home with after my road trip. Along with a few questions that I need to ask about.
jimmac

Injust returned from a road trip after buying this 125. It seemed to be in good shape. I did see that the battery box has been cut out (I assume from rot) , also the apparent grinding of the frame (PO's must have installed some other engine at one time, but now has the correct Kohler K-301-A.
your_image.gif

Injust returned from a road trip after buying this 125. It seemed to be in good shape.
1. I did see that the battery box has been cut out (I assume from rot.
2. The apparent grinding of the frame (PO's must have installed some other engine at one time, but now has the correct Kohler K-301-A.
3. What the heck does this lever do?
4. Looks like the wrong hood installed?
5. Speeding up dramaticaly down hill and slowing dramaticaly up hill. I take it this the infamous hyrdo creep mentioned in the FAQ? In the previously posted picture (July 30)is part 6 the one that is out of shape and parts 3,4 and 5 the springs, and guides that need to be replaced?

6. Lastly the tractor stopped moving altogether I removed the clutch shield (PO said he had problems with the pin on the shaft) this is what I found. Yup the pin is gone it blew or wore a hole in the PO's pipe clamp. The drive plate that ties the motor to the hydro shaft looks strange. I would have expected just a simple hole to tamp in a drive pin. (1/4 X 1 1/2), but this looks like a letter P laying on its side on both sides(the shaft to the hydro has just a simple round hole). Is that the way it should look, and any thoughts if the 1/4 X 1 1/2 pin keeps falling out (any tricks).

Sorry for such a long post and my pictures may be out of order, but I am still glad I bought it! Even if I only mowed the lawn once, before I start to fix it corretly!!!.
Thanks for any info.
jimmac
20615.jpg

Jim "M",
The lever is for releaseing the pressure so you can move the hydro around. Don't see them on gear drives. :cool:

Looks like a BIG DOG took a chomp outta' that frame and a Vampire bite on the hood

(Message edited by thoffman on August 01, 2004)

Jim-
Looks like someone took a chunk out of the frame to get the cam gear cover off, I'm guessing to "tweak" the compression release tabs on the cam. Didn't hurt themselves by making it easier to get to the bottom screw on the points cover either. Whoever did it had the drill bits to make the notch but not the 9/16" wrench to take the engine loose
happy.gif

Howdy all,
I have been busy on other projects lately.
20632.jpg

20633.jpg

20634.jpg

It may not be an addition to the Cub barn, but it makes the wife / accountant happy
smile.gif

The 149 rebuild is going well and Foxtrot has a rearend now. I'm hopping to get a few photos of those projects up here soon.

Bart,

I've got a similiar problem with mower deck height. I've got a 149 with a 42" deck, and a new-to-me 782 with a 50" deck that I haven't yet got level. Frankly, I haven't checked the deck to see if it is warped (per Steve's FAQ), so that might be the problem. Anyway, I noticed that the 149 seems to lift the deck a lot higher than the 782, or perhaps this is an illusion because the 50" deck is taller? With my 149 I can clear a lot more rocks and stumps than I can with my 782. Have you noticed the same?

Frank W., carefully remove that blue edging from the seat on your 104 and put it in a safe place. It is no longer available! Steve U. at CCC can get it reupholstered (it'll be a two piece cover rather than the single piece as the original was but they do an excellent job) however he can't get the blue edging. I don't know if Steve U. has a new phone number or email address set up yet since the move.

Jim, that K301 would be a replacement engine. The original K301 would have had the dip stick mounted up on the block on the right side behind the S/G. Here's my guess, who ever replaced it thought they need the clearance for the new dip stick location or wanted better access to the bolts. The battery box was most likely cut out to accommodate a larger battery rather than due to rot. The hood looks to be correct, perhaps a light was mounted in the extra holes. The seat is also a replacement. Someone else here, many years ago, had a seat like that on their Cub. The "P" in the coupling has worn that way it should be just a slot, FWIW they all seam to do that after 30+ years. The slot is there rather than a plain hole to allow for sliding the engine forward for servicing/removal without having to drive out the pin, or perhaps more likely for faster assembly back in the day....... :eek:)

Back