• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 25, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry-

I checked the clutch as soon as the engine was out. It has the laminated clutch disc which looks to be in good condition. The teaser spring is intact so I probably won't do anything there. Now, I haven't removed the tunnel cover yet so I might be speaking too soon. I think he may have had the clutch redone in the past few years but I'm just not sure. If the clutch comes out the teaser will be replaced for sure. My routine there is to resurface the pressure plates and paint the backs of each (they do have some surface rust which I forgot to mention before). I'll inspect the drive shaft, probably paint the main spring and go back with all new roll pins. Other than waiting for paint to dry the whole process doesn't take that long.

Heck, now that you've got me thinking about it I will probably pull it just to make sure. I should have plenty of time especially if I can finish with the engine this week. I do enjoy clutch work.

I agree with Lewis P's suggestion that the thick carb gasket provides more room behind the throttle linkage from governor arm to carb for the fuel line to fit behind. At least it helps on mine.

Josh S -

Now THAT is one <font size="+2">Super CooL pic</font>

Great Big IH Green Thumbs UP!!!!

Awesome!!!!!!! That would definitely be my Smart Fone, Tablet, Computer, and Fridge (LoL) background/screen saver image!!!

----------------------------------------------------------

Hydro - I Totally understand verification from an engineering stand point would clear any doubt!

But Please understand my thinking when I see "Over 225 Cubs Owned" w/ my almost 4 months in at this point how Lewis's Maybe, just seemed "Bible" from my stand point anyway!
thumbsup.gif

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 134
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 128
Jason - ya, I know what Screwy Lewy said and it sounded good but also didn't make awhole lotta sense either. Did Kohler use the thick gasket on all the AQS engines? I think JD had the engine rotated 90degrees from the way IH mounted it and I'm pretty certain the fuel line would route alot different and very likely not require the thick gasket. I'm not saying that isn't the reason Kohler used it. Ole Lew is "in the know" on alot of things, but it just doesn't seem to me to fit the bill. What I was really trying to find out was the effect on the engine performance vs. the thin gasket. Maybe it's very minimal as was suggested but there are some really well educated and knowledgeable people on here that could address it more scientifically.

Wayne - if the teaser spring is good then as you say the clutch must have been reworked not long ago. Hopefully they did the entire clutch assembly as you seem to think.

Say, one other thing that might be nice and not really expensive is the Super Steer upgrade where you add the bearing onto the outside of the steering box. I don't know if you've done it before, but it's a really simple upgrade. You don't have to go thru the box at all, and it provides tremendous improvement in the ease of steering.

Josh S: That's a great shot of you and your son, but I can hardly see it.
happy.gif

Maybe Craig can blow it up for us, if not on the main Forum, then in the Sandbox somewhere. It would make a great screen background, I'm thinking.

Aside: I guess in my old age I'm getting as picky as Harry B.
smile.gif

Great shot. Thanks for sharing.

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 131
  • smile.gif
    smile.gif
    215 bytes · Views: 130
I have a 129 and the starter pulley on crankshaft worked loose. I haven't pulled it down yet but has anyone ever tried to repair the pulley hub? I am pretty sure its damaged.

Hydro

May have been a change late 1971 for the 107 brake pedal/ pad. As I recall Dad got his 107 in spring of 1972. It was used as the demo/ loaner in 1971 at Crumbaugh IH, Wheeler Michigan.

Wow I did not know how many Dealers there used to be.

http://ihdealerspast.net/states/mi.pdf

My ADHD kicks in.

Anyway here is a picture I got yesterday when over to Billy's

307321.jpg

Bill

Under Edit

Looks like it was not Crumbaugh back in 1971

Fleming Implement Company Wheeler MI <--1964-->

International Harvester Company 9232 East Monroe Road Wheeler MI <--1973-1974-->

Crumbaugh International, Inc. 9232 East Monroe Road Wheeler MI <--1976-1985-->

The building is now a church. The IH building is sacred ground. Just Saying.

Attachments

• 307321.jpg
    307321.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 307321.jpg
    307321.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 138
I've really enjoyed all this discussion about the QL series. I'd never had any experience with one until about 8 months ago. I'll start a thread eventually that will have pictures and specs about the tractor, but inherited a 1250 that is about the same age as I am. It was sold new from Chief Equipment where my dad then worked. It was set up and then serviced by the guy that was at my house last night working on the Mule. I can't tell if it is in as good of shape as that 1200 but it is fairly close. At this point, I'm planning to preserve it as a true survivor machine. Pat told me last night that he put the stickers on the tunnel cover of that tractor nearly 40 years ago! It needs some PTO adjustment and some welding and modification to the lift arm/ footrest support (this tractor has only been used for mowing duties and the wear in that area definitely shows!). Eventually, the engine will need to be rebuilt but I'm happy to have it in the Stable!

My favorite princess using it a month ago to sweep up extra grass clippings...

307324.jpg

JC--I knew someone was likely to comment on the small and somewhat fuzzy picture. So, I immediately emailed the full size version to Kraig. Hopefully he can post it up here for you.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. I love my family certainly more than the hobby but I'm thankful to have a hobby that my family can enjoy with me. We are all planning to go up to the Symco show on Saturday. I'll try to post some pics from that as well. Maybe some more with the Mule in action !

Attachments

• 307324.jpg
    307324.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 307324.jpg
    307324.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 138
Hydro Harry, Good morning! Well, the topic seems like they used that spacer to accommodate the larger, new design air filter housing assembly. Being a loyal fan of the Quiet Line Series, I can realize just how much that assembly covers and fits around the carb! And with out that spacer there, we're not having all this fit between the side panels.

Just my thoughts on it!

Latest posts

Back