Archive through July 24, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thoffman

displayname
Tom Hoffman
So I'm out getting some seat time when I catch a red blurr inthe corner of my eye.
{image1}

89163.jpg

So I get off the tractor and see the 234's two cyclinder gear drive gasser cousin. So they had to set for awhile and talk about the old dayz. I took a few shots to see what the size difference is between the two of them, and I was surprised that the 582 isn't that much smaller. I's say a super is about the same size.
89165.jpg

89166.jpg

89167.jpg

Good evening to all. Nice haul Charlie!
Bruce N., glad to see that cub found a good home!
Does anybody have a pic of how the throttle cable attaches to the engine on a K301? The setup I have now does not look factory and the cable housing keeps getting loose from the clamp. I took some pics, but they wouldn't have helped.(I need a new camera) Thanks

I've been kinda lurking mostly due to some summer classes that have been keeping me busy. Oh well, it'll help me get 2 degrees in 5 years...

Back on topic, I've finally got this done for the Freeport show this weekend.

89169.jpg

I'm slowly working my way up from individual parts to this plow. I'm still not quite confident in my ability to make a tractor look good yet though. I need to practice my painting a lot more.

Thanks Charlie, just what I was looking for.
Matt G. if you get anymore practice it might look too good! Nice job man! Does that mean you got your Cat 0 hitch built?

Yes, Jason that was the auction. On friday night when we went to preview the sale my father and I drove seperate. When I got out of my truck he had been there with my nephews (both future yellow and white nuts)for about 30 minutes already ,his first words when I saw the row of about 25 cubs "just a little preview of heaven don't you think". I'm sure all of you gents would have been awe struck ,we were. By the way thanks for the pics Dale that is a nice looking machine, looks like job well done. Like they say anything worth doing is worth doing right and your 100 appears to be "done right". Oddly enough what I really wanted from the sale was another 105 to match mine one for the snowthrower and one for the mower. But this is what I have to work on now. It was on my list although I wanted an original and a 70 first, you know if your going to collect them all you have to buy them in order also. My wife says that sounds odd. I guess she just doesn't get it, same woman who doesn't know why we need 4 or 5 lawn tractors when we live in town. Women go figure??

Todd H.-

Thanks! Not exactly, I found an OEM one at a price I could stand. I'll still be making one, but it'll go on the 582 after I put hydraulic lift on it...
happy.gif

Bruce N., nice save on the 102! I'd say the angle iron around the dash pedestal is to reinforce a worn clutch pivot mount.

Tom, that 234 sure is a nice sized tractor! How many hours on that one? Sure can't be very many....

Does anyone know the Kohler air filter part number for my 149? And I would appreciate getting pointed in the right direction for the oil discussion. My manual says to use a simple 30 weight. Are synthetics ok?
Walt

Walt B, i think that was to easy on the air filter since they can be found above at the CC Specialties for about Kohler/235116-S $12.00, and i know C D won`t mind selling you 1 lol
coffee.gif

Charlie, nice job on the fuel tanks! Are those for your tractors or are they gonna end up for sale?
dunno.gif
BTW, I recognize the house behind that green 100....
shhh.gif

Walt, yes, synthetics are OK to use in a Kohler except during the break in period of a new or rebuilt engine. Straight 30 weight is also OK to use. In the 12hp in my #2 125 I've been using 30 weight in the summer and 5W-30 in the winter for the past 10+ years. I'll be using straight 30 weight during the break in period in the freshly rebuilt 12hp that will be going into my #1 125 and synthetic when it's broke in.

Jason K: The Belt/Blade Manual and the CPE-2 Parts Manual shows that the 1250 with a 44A deck uses a IH-59971-C1 , 38 x 78" belt. However, given what a P.O. could have used for or done to a mule drive or even which deck, if you really want some help, a photo of the mule drive (as installed) will almost be necessary. It ain't rocket science but we gotta know what 'cha got....Exactly which deck do you have?? Which mule drive do you have?? My crystal ball is clouded up and I can't see your tractor...Vague descriptions aren't gonna give much of a clue either....Help us out, please...

And, yes, those pulleys rubbing the axle will eventually get you a broken axle when the cuts get deep enough...

Myron B
CCSupplyroom

Jason, if the tiller or mower deck was from an 82 series Cub Cadet they might have the wrong pulley on them to work properly with the 1250. The 82 series used a 5/8" wide belt not a 3/8" wide belt like the older Cubs and a 3/8" belt would ride deep into a 5/8" pulley and could cause some of the issues you are experiencing. I suppose that the PTO could have been replaced with the wrong one too. Just some possibilities.

Latest posts

Back