• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 24, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KRAIG - Yep, THAT was a PD....Or it could have been a Mud Bog Day, or a Swamp Buggy Day. I know I was NOT happy with the way the 982 was pulling....plenty of power & tire speed but it sure took a LONG time to get across the field!

But I spent a good portion of the day in the Blunier's shop working on the driveshaft of the 72!

Speaking of Hydros.
Sometimes it makes ya wonder what they were thinking with the diagrams that they sent to dealers.
62931.jpg

62932.jpg

62933.jpg

62934.jpg

62935.jpg

First of all a BIG Thank You to Charlie P. for resizing these for me. Angel still hasn't quite figured out the resize program on the new computer. Awhile back I said that I had to find new homes for some of my Cubbies so that I could bring home a Keepsake 1650 from the original owner's son. So, after finding loving homes for a 105, two 100s with rear ptos, and a 105. The big day was ready to take place. However, a couple of weeks before I brought home the 1650 and attachments this little fella caught my attention. His name is Clarence. He is a 1967 model 102 with factory creeper and rear pto. The lights were added by the second owner who took very good care of him. They aren't factory however the gentleman did some great fabrication for mountings. Clarence has all original paint and even the steering wheel cap is original.
This is Clarence.
62948.jpg

62949.jpg

62950.jpg

Clarence smokes a little bit upon startup. Probably because the real Clarence (the gentleman that owned the 102 as second owner) always put a couple of teaspoons of oil in the gas tank and thus so did the next owner. Yes, I am the fourth owner of Clarence the Cub Cadet. He is one cool little tractor. He came with a more modern and not OEM style deck. I'll keep that deck and put an OEM style on him along with a three point hitch.
62951.jpg

Here is the Keepsake 1650 that came home last Wednesday after work. The original owner's son and I loaded everything in the truck. I was excited so I put the tandem discs in the cab on an old musty canvas. It was really hot and in the distance you could see an approaching storm. I just got everything tucked away when the wind picked up and I made it in the house just before the rain blasted. In my excitement I didn't stop and rest or drink any liquids. I just sweated and completely soaked my clothing. I showered and ate dinner and drank a lot fo water and juice. About an hour after going to bed, I awakened with two very bad legs cramps. It took quite awhile with Angel massaging my legs before the cramps finally subsided and I could sleep. I haven't been quite the same since. (You'd think I'd learn my lesson to stop, rest and drink plenty of liquids only I was too danged excited and dumb at the same time.) This is the Keepsake 1650. A couple of buddies came over Sunday afternoon and we got it up and running. WOW!!! What a powerhouse. We are quite sure that is has less than 700 actual hours on it. It came with IH weights, chains, front blade, 44" deck with almost new blades, 10" Brinly Plow, and a tandem Brinly disc. All for $200.00. The son hasn't found the manual for it yet.

62962.jpg

62963.jpg

62964.jpg

62965.jpg

62966.jpg

62967.jpg

62968.jpg

62969.jpg

Here ya go Charlie! Again THANK YOU!!!

I came across a Super NICE, one owner, and all original 128 over the weekend. A friend in eastern Iowa finally snagged it away from the original owner. He is thinking of selling it though since to him it's the business that he is in. Oh, man if'n only I had found it first.

Marlin....man that ole girl is a long way from home!!lol.....that dealership is about 15 mins. from my house!...I probably know the guy that sold it!........
thumbsup.gif

This 1650 was a replacement for another Cub Cadet. The gentleman had just purchased another new Cub Cadet. It was parked in a corner of the family garage with all kinds of stuff stacked around it (winter storage). The Dad had come home from work and parked the car in the garage. He looked around and thought that something was strange. He went in the house and soon thought to recheck the garage. The Cub was gone. Someone had apparently backed into the garage with a truck and hoist and hoisted the Cub Cadet over the pile of things stacked around it. The neighbors later said they saw a truck with a hoist in the area and thought it had just turned around in the driveway. Insurance paid for this Cub Cadet. How I came about it is: About three months ago the coworker came up and said that he knew I loved Cub Cadets and all garden tractors. He had his Dad's with some kind of wiring problem or something. I inquired as to what model and when I found out I printed him a wiring diagram. I stopped about a month ago to visit with him and offered to fix it for free. We talked awhile and finally he said that his Dad had bought a JD lawn tractor and given him this one. They really didn't need one this big anymore and wanted to see it go to a loving home where it would never be sold, parted or used as a puller. I said that I'd help find a good home for it. John then said that his family wanted to see me get it. I asked how much and fully expected $800 to over a $1000.00. He quietly said, "Just the downpayment on a new tractor. $200.00" I almost fainted and cried at the same time. To be trusted with something like this little Cub, one that has been in the same family since new, is to me quite an honor. John will bring his Dad out to see it when I get it all cleaned up. BTW ... his Dad is 88 years young. Also, in the secon picture of Clarence just above the air cleaner is Fancy our in/outdoor little boy kitty. He had just gotten done inspecting the 1650 (again).

I haven't had any seat time in a while. It hasn't rained in over a month. I am however seeing the fruits, or vegetables, of my spring labors.
62980.jpg

62981.jpg

Here is whats left of my once green lawn.
62982.jpg

thanks roland

can anyone verify that the 746-3002 is indeed still the black oe looking parat for the 782?

charlie--

yeah i know how to use the parts lookup... comes from working at a repair shop for a good while. yeah it is listed as the right one, i'm just trying to figgure out if it is still the right one, and not a yellow plastic one that 'should work' like what the dealer wants to sell

was hoping that either someone has gotten one in the not too distant past, or has knowledge of what they do look like, that's all....

Kraig - thanks for looking up the original posting stuff. That was back in the old Voyager days and before I new much about what was original on cubs. Alot different - at least for me. Basically read one post and write a response, then read another post and write another.

And then there was the "Great Crash", when the Voyager server went down. That's when the yellar and white fever came to light. Many of the guys actually got the shakes when they couldn't read or post for over 3 days, including yours truly. After we got the Forum back we had to refer to posts either "Before the Great Crash (BGC) or After the Great Crash (AGC). You guys get a chance you really should read those old posts. You might even see the one about the technique to remove steering wheels that never fails. My version may still be in the FAQ on here. Ah, the things you get from the internet. Sure have come along way.

Oh, and those gauge wheels on the QA thrower look terrific. I don't know how I missed them except that was just before I moved to Seattle. They also have to make mounting the thrower to the tractor a bit easier - depending on where/how you store the thrower. I'm mostly an original equipment guy - for the most part (99%) IH did things right the way they built them, but these gauge wheels have to be great.
(And if you're wondering what the 1% is that wasn't done right by IH, well - for one thing, the Hydros could'a used a drain plug. Never quite understood why the Gear drives got one. Guess there was so much other maintenance due to the clutch and stuff, that IH wanted to make it easier for the Gear Heads to change their fluid. Funny thing is I suspect most of the Gear Heads don't even use the drain - they just gotta remove that cover and geta look - see at those gears inside).

And another thing, I hate to be picky but just wanted to point out to everyone that IH called these snow "throwers". Blower doesn't come into play unless you have a 2-stage unit, which as far as I know IH didn't make for cubs. But I suppose most of you on here already knew that.

Lastly but not leastly, I must point this out -
Marlin, Marlin, Marlin -
the grill is missing on your 1650. But don't worry. You don't have to take it back to the guy. I'll be in Iowa on Saturday and give ya the $200 the guy stole from you for the tractor, and I'll let ya keep the plow and disc for all your trouble.

Hydro Harry
(Hydros Forever)

Colin T:

The possibility that Guy behind the counter at your local Cub Cadet dealer don't know what he is talking about.

62988.gif

First off I would like to say hello to everyone here! I really like the site and have recently gotten in to IH cubs. I just purchased a model 72, and was looking for more info specific to this model... and also a place to purchase the correct size "AG" tires. Thanks!
-Jason

Jason,
wave.gif
Hello to you too!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME!
groupwave.gif

What would you like to know about your 72?

62990.jpg

62991.jpg

Ag tires can be bought from many places, you might want to look around your local area to save on shipping costs or you can order them from Cedar Rapids Tire

Latest posts

Back