• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 22, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty...Great find!! Lots of options for lots of toys to go behind it!

Since the bug didn't get me yet, here's some more stuff that came along too.

288690.jpg

And this:

288691.jpg

And this:

288692.jpg

And this stuff that was in an old tool box:

288693.jpg

Here's the tool box with more stuff:

288694.jpg

A fiberglass seat, fender reflectors, and mowing deck also came along. I traded three Ben Franklins for everything. That sounded like a fair price to me.
I know, I know, Charlie is wrinkling up his nose because they give that stuff away where he lives!
lol.gif

just hit an unexpected odd snag with my 147, went out to move it to rewire the taillights bc the original wires are shot..
and even though I was just on it earlier to cut my yard..it wouldn't start..and not only that..it sounds like there is a humming coming from what I guess you could call the trans tunnel when it's turning
I checked the linkage for the hydro and it's in the neutral position..the pedal is down etc..
I can't figure out why it...as far as I can tell..isn't disengaging the hydraulics

Thanks to all for the seat information. Wow! I didn't think my little old question would generate such a response! I learned quite a bit about Cub Cadet seats.
The seat was fastened with an IH seat bolt through a square hole. The mounting bracket could only be for a pan-type, single bolt setup. It weighs 13 pounds without the seat spring.
I don't really have a tractor I would put it on, so it'll end up in the classifieds here some day. Thanks again!

Please help. I can't seem to figure out where to post this. I just purchased a 1450 hydro. The lever is very sensitive and tends to creep. I'm sure the answer to my problem is here somewhere but I don't seem able to find it. Thanks.

Normally I wouldn't post anything like this on the main forum board, BUT, this deserves the attention!

The next time you feel down, or things aren't going as planned, bring up the link below and rethink your life!!!
And realize that LIFE IS GOOD no matter the situation!

CLICK HERE

WOW!!That;s amazing,,and so is Chris...Thanks for posting that Charlie!!!!

Charlie - that is quite amazing. I'll certainly remember it when I'm down and out.

Marty - I would'a never traded 3 Ben Franklins for everything in that tool box
roflol.gif

Dan G - I'm hopeful everyone didn't overlook your 147 problem. I have no idea what could be "humming" under the trans tunnel cover. There really is nothing electrical there that I can think of. The neutral safety switch is way low on a cross bar and I can't see that being something that would hum. The 147 hydro cooling fan has metal blades and it's mounted on the drive shaft so it's not electrical at all, and it has a metal shroud which makes a tinny racket noise if the blades are rubbing it, not a hum.

You seem to think the hydraulics are not disengaging - but if that was so I think your tractor would be creeping forward or backward (but not sure about that).

So, what's wrong with your 147 and why won't it start???

You mentioned the wires are shot - not sure if you mean the tail light wires or the entire wiring harness. The 147 is part of the 1x6/7 series and it's notorious for wiring failure. It basically corrodes and disintegrates into dust with just a slight touch.

Are you sure the humming isn't coming from the solenoid mounted inside the upper pedestal dash housing? It may have failed. You could jumper across the 2 main "hot" terminals with the key switch in the on position and see if it turns over and starts. Be very careful when you jumper across those 2 terminals. You'll very likely get a spark - and be ready to remove the jumper wire immediately. The terminals just need a "quick touch" long enough to turn the engine over and start it. Make sure you use a piece of insulated wire so you don't "electrify or cute" yourself. And make sure it's about 12 gauge or bigger wire so it doesn't melt away - since this is your full battery current.

If this isn't your problem then there is a whole big list to go thru next. I'm hopeful the 147'ers on here will jump in.

Back