• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 20, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt Gonitzke

I don`t have a problem with my loader coming close to the front wheels
1a_scratchhead.gif
and have clearance in any position.

Ask over the river Kent Wood has a Kwik-Way on his smoker. hope that helps
old.gif

Kraig: THAT'S AWFUL! No wonder Don T. wants a ported hydro pump! Can you imagine belt/gear driven power steering?
<font size="-2">IH Garden Tractors built before 1981?</font>

Charlie, I was wondering when you were gonna show up. I was just trying to help Matt out.
angel.gif

sorry.gif

Charlie:
It was my fault,(<font size="-2">as usual , knowing what an a..hole I am)</font> I was leading Kraig on ..
devil2.gif

I'm replacing a voltage regulator on my 124 and there are three terminals one the side.

One is marked f and I know where it goes, one is marked bat and I know where it goes, there is one marked L and I'm unsure where that one goes ?

On the bottom is a single terminal insulated from the metal body, with no marking. I don't think it's a ground being isolated as it is with a composite insulating plate???

I've looked at the wiring diagram and I'm rewiring according to it.

When I got my 124 it was jumped off of a battery so I could see it run, but there were wires cut off and others twisted together and other wires added that weren't in the wiring harness.

I'm enjoying making it right, but I haven't seen a terminal marked L on a diagram.

I appreciate and all help always!

KRAIG - Dont you know that loaders on a tricycle front end tractor are a quick and painful DEATH waiting to happen? I heard that on the YT forum!
rofl.gif

GERRY - Don't make fun of those MANURE buckets with tines in them. BOTH My loaders have those style buckets....plus the dirt pans so I can actually USE them.

KRAIG - That loader on the F-20 beats a pitch fork!

NOW, does anyone else know how big a GAS HOG an ONAN is? I left the very back corner of my yard, maybe 1/8th acre, when I mowed a week ago, so this afternoon it would have been 25-26 days since I last mowed that little part. Blue Grass was about 10 in tall, crabgrass maybe 15-16 in. Really didn't pull the engine that hard because I went s-l-o-w. But I must have burned over a gallon of gas and I only burned maybe 3-1/2 gal. doing the whole yard including that part.

As Ernie Elliott said years ago...."Don't burn no gas if ya ain't makin' no horsepower!"

FRANK - I actually have a nice conversation going on the JD site right now(most of them don't know I bleed red!) that I made a comment that maybe these garden tractors need Electric-over-Hydraulic P/S like my little car has. Pump & motor is self-contained, mount it anywhere!

Paul B - thanks for the clarifications on demo units.

Kraig - Oh GREAT KEEPER of the Photos.
1st - thanks for posting the pics of the brackets. Interesting you have pics with and without during the same vintage. And your own pic looks like you're using them for about the same thing I did. Should clear things up for Paul W.
2nd - thanks for finding the pic of Jim Chabot's Original Demo unit. Now - what's that short (about 5 or 6") lever I see about mid-frame in front of the seat???? As many times as I was at Jim's museum I don't recall seeing this unit completed as the pic shows. Do you happen to have a date to go along with the photo???

Jimmy L - hope to catch you before you're gone. Really grasping at straws here - but one more thing to try is leave the gas tank cap really loose or even off. Maybe the vent in the cap is plugged.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (at least hardly ever before the key is turned off)

Latest posts

Back