• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 20, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave and Harry,
First of all, thank you both for the help!
I will try the electrical check tonight per your suggestion Dave, as you said "brake on".
Just as a refresher, I have changed points, condensor, plug, coil, decarbed head, set valves, check compression(90-95 psi knowing it has ACR), check vac on crackcase(7.5" homemade manometer, verified function of ACR though inspection portal. I had not mentioned in previous post but have replaced the ignition switch also. I will be out of pocket for a while for a short vacation in the hill country of Texas but will post upon my return if I do not have time tonight.

MATT - Your loader tractor is looking good! Is it still going to be a "682" when your done?

MARLIN - Wish I could have seen those Gold Demo's sitting in FARMALL's West Yard! Bet I was sitting in GEOMETRY CLASS trying to stay awake!

Jimmy Long

When you get your tractor running I would like you to try this out and let me know if it fixes your problem. I had a bad safety switch on my tractor and for no reason I could see it would just stop running. I jumped out the switch just to rule it out and never had that
bash.gif

dying problem again.Its worth a try next time you get it running. My .02
old.gif

H.Harry, Dennis,
The white demo's were the Farmall Cub, Super A, and Farmall C, all Louisville built tractors and it is believed all were produced in Jan-Mar of 1950. I don't believe IH built any "M" demo's, but as Denny said, there are some out there for what ever reason. Louisville built some "M's, but not until 1952. There have also been pictures of white haybalers sitting on dealer lots, don't know if they were painted by IH or the dealers. It is my understanding the white demo's were supposed to repainted red by the dealer before/when they were sold.

Jim Chabot painted an Original white, and reproduced some of the "feature" decals of the demo program for it. Tom Peters, and probably others also have displayed CCO's painted as a white demo, and Steve Urschel had a red, with gold hood, wide frame demo at RPRU this year, that he had built. It looked good and fit right in with the big ones.

resistor bypass: I recently converted a Farmall 300 to 12 volt and used an external resistor on the original 6V coil. Hard starting was sometimes experienced,so I went to Radio shack and got a small relay and created a resistor bypass circuit. Now it fires up easily everytime.

Harry, here's the White Original Demo that was created by Jim Chabot, that Paul mentioned:

194340.jpg

70/100 mule drive:

194341.jpg

194342.jpg

Dennis-

The hood will continue to say '682', but I guess it's more of a '1482' now
lol.gif

Kraig-

I have a couple things in my parts somewhere that look a lot like those silvery-colored things that are holding the 70/100 mule drive onto the tractor in the image you posted. I was wondering what those things were that I had...perhaps I know now.

PAUL - I'm pretty sure LVL only built Super M's. From what I was told by someone who was around FARMALL as early as 1936, FARMALL sent parts for 50 SM's a day to LVL while still building 325 more Super H's & SM's in Rock Island. And of course the cooresponding W,O,I, & U-series.

I agree, the White Demo was all LVL tractors. The Super A white demo must be quite rare, can't say I've even seen a picture of one. No white demo's ever came from Rock Island.

There was a picture of a white baler in operation on RPM's site a year or so ago, Seems like it was a newer than 1950-era baler, somthing like a #37 maybe, or possibly a 45-T. I remember the paint was weathered a lot, suspect it was a dealer paint job.

And yes, the white demos, and actually even the Gold Demo's were supposed to be repainted before delivery to the retail customer. But it appears that was a hit and miss situation.

There is a Guy on the RPM forum about my age who lives just east of Danville, IL, just east of the IN/IL border who attended a farm power show in western IN, forget the exact town, where IH did paint a few (2 or 3) demo tractors with special white paint jobs. I seem to remember they were Super M's. I'll have to try my skills at the search function there and see if I can find the details and post some info here. But the current owner had one of those tractors in pretty much original condition at one of the Half Century of Progress shows several yrs ago.

Matt, those old things are useless and you should send them to me.
happy.gif
Here's a close up of a set:

194344.jpg

MATT - Considering what a 1282 is, 1482 makes complete sense!

I'm sure you know, Custom decals are pretty cheap & easy to do now. SON did a custom "Lightning" decal in white reflective film for the back window of his '93 L years ago, it was a foot tall and about 40-45" long. The pattern was a picture of a decal on the bed that's maybe ten inches long.

Demo Baler at RPRU 2010

194346.jpg

194347.jpg

194348.jpg

194349.jpg

Mid 60's era (706/806)

Joe, yes but the 382 is a Lawn Tractor not Garden Tractor:

194351.jpg

The 482 was supposedly a Garden Tractor but it used a cheap transmission.

194352.jpg

Steve, cool!
happy.gif

STEVE B. - I DO believe that's the demo baler I saw on the RPM forum. Looks like a #37?

Don,
Just for clarification, you are referencing the safety swith on the foot pedal, right? I will jump across the switch and let you know.

Jimmy, Harry, It does sound like fuel. The fact that it slows down before dieing makes a person believe it's fuel. I supose a frayed wire could mabey cause it too. Builds heat/resistance till it wont pass electricity all but that would have to be in the Run circiut.
Jimmy have you checked the coil/plug wire?

Hey everybody that has a CC w/ loader (Kwik-Way, in particular)...do the front wheels on your tractor clear the lift cylinders with the wheels in any position left to right and with the axle tilted all the way to either side with the bucket all the way down? I don't think there's any way I can get the front wheels to clear all of the time...
angry.gif

Kraig:
But then he'd have to go with the matching tine style bucket for cleaning stalls....
clappy.gif

Back