• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 20, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KEVIN D..... Yep..... Sure do..... LOTS of rubber... Smoke... (cough-cough) ..;-) From 30 miles away in fact!

I need to replace the fuel pump on my KT17. Is it simple to get to? It looks like it would be easier to remove the 4 screws holding the diaphram and just replace it. Is that possible?

Norm:

You will end up replacing the entire Fuel Pump. Internal parts are Not Available. The Part Number for the pump is: KH-52-559-03-S

thumbsup.gif

Norm,

The fuel pumps are made of nylon, and although they look serviceable, as Roland said, they are not. They run about $35 and are easy to install. The new style has special interchangeable ends with a plastic garter spring retainer, they use a big snap ring as a service tool and several end configurations and the tool come with the new pump.

Do Not pull or twist very hard on the fuel line once it's installed on the new plastic barbs (like you might do when you pull the engine, change a fuel line, etc.). The plastic garter spring that retains the barb ends WILL NOT take any kind of pulling or twisting load. (BTDT, bought the t-shirt!!!!! $%&^%^$#!!!!!)

Just looked at this AM's paper. Peoria is the driest spot in IL according to the NWS. 2.1" of precipitation officially reported since 5/1/05.....8" behind "norm". With temps at 98-100 this weekend you can all come over and have popcorn....it'll be poping right on the stalk!!!!!

Yesterday's early AM weather said a SMALL chance of rain Sat. afternoon.... now this AM Thunderstorms this afternoon, tonight, and possibly tomorrow.... Yeah.. Right!

Matt G. -

Shame it won't be enough, but yes, it's headed our way.

Should hit downtown Chicago about the time I head out for the bus
lol.gif

Thanks Steve & Roland,

I have a fuel pump off an M18S that I'm going to use, need to get a new one for the M18 rebuild anyway. I'll dive into it tonight. Appreciate the info, hope I don't have too much trouble.

We did a "scientific" water guage (drinking glass) and got 1/2" in 20 minutes here in Palatine.

Hope Steve B got some over by him...

It been way to dry here lately, only 3/4 inch of rain in the last 3 weeks. temps have been toping out in the mid 90's and out in the direct sun it has been over 110, and I have to work in the direct sun to get any work done on my cubs. Here's a few snap shots of my fleet.
29397.jpg

29398.jpg

29399.jpg

29400.jpg

29401.jpg

29402.jpg

Here's the one who gives me her blessing to have all these fine tractors.
29403.jpg

she don't like haveing her photo taken, she is sticking her toung out at me when I snapped this pic.

(Message edited by lbuttke on July 20, 2005)

Time for "what's it fit?"
29405.jpg

Measurements indicate that it will fit a cub cadet wheel, and it has the IHC logo on it, but it looks funny? What is it and what does it fit?

Matt,
I do belive those are front wheel weights form a farmall C.
and I do belive they will bolt onto a cub cadet rim, seems to me I have seen them on a cub cadet but I dont have a pic of it.

Lonnie,
They do fit nicely on a cub. The are from the old letter series tractors. They weigh about 35#. Here is a picture of one on my 1650 at Travis's place this spring.
29408.jpg

Wes,
I knew I has seen them on a cub cadet befor, I just couldn't rember where.

Steve B and Bryan,
Maybe we could have a July plow day down in the Illinois desert.
thumbsup.gif

Although over-tilling created the dust-bowl in the 30's
thumbsdown.gif

I had a little problem tonight while mowing with my 125.

The button on the lift handle "disappeared"
poof.gif

The lift handle moves back and forth but doesn't lock. ( duh-- no button )

Did anything thing else drop out?

Anyone have a picture or description of the button and how it retained? I can make the replacement part at work.

Thanks
wave.gif
Jeff

Latest posts

Back