• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 17, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: 38" 3 blade pin-on deck with 8.5" tires:

There was actually a rework sheet from IH showing how to cut the cast gage wheel mounts off, and bolt steel mounts near the center rear. I have a deck like that and its a little more scalp-prone.
Kraig do you have a scan of that sheet?

Craig, I do not recall seeing anything on reworking the deck gauge wheels on the 38" cast end decks. I would certainly like to have the scans in my archive please and thank you.
bouncy.gif
The later QA 38" deck had the rear gauge wheels mounted inside.

316298.jpg

Attachments

• 316298.jpg
    316298.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 115
  • bouncy.gif
    bouncy.gif
    2 KB · Views: 107
  • 316298.jpg
    316298.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 104
Craig, hold the scanner... I found it.
blush.gif

316300.jpg

316301.jpg

Attachments

• blush.gif
    blush.gif
    270 bytes · Views: 111
  • 316300.jpg
    316300.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 316301.jpg
    316301.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 316300.jpg
    316300.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 316301.jpg
    316301.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 109
The PO didn't move the wheels inward, if I put them back on his modified hanger, they would be in the same approximate location as the stock set-up would have been.

It looks like my replacement ends have these style bearings and not the water pump style. Have not been able to locate a parts blow up of this style. The races and bearings are shot, (3 out of 4 so far) I have yet to did assemble the center one and I still do no know what style are on the target deck.

Question: Are these races bottomed out in the casting so there will not be an issue with installing new ones should I be able to locate them??

I can't get over how these are really quality & heavy duty built. No wonder there are a few of them still around.

316317.jpg

316318.jpg

Attachments

• 316317.jpg
    316317.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 316318.jpg
    316318.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 316318.jpg
    316318.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 316317.jpg
    316317.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 103
Anyone have any photos of front tire comparisons? I want two different sets of 16x6.50-8 and like the V61's and the Firestone tri-ribs; I already have a set of the Carlisles, and they are kind of plain. But perhaps the V61's are too square, although they look great on Steve's tractor. A few pictures of tractor fronts with different tires would help me decide. M.E. is coming to a local show next next month and I need to pre-order soon. Thanks much.

George L.
If you do a Search for V61, you'll find no less than 98 insistence's that have pics and or info.
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 107
Yes, the old races bottom out.

Drive one out, cross the bearing and race numbers and source them (if you choose not to go through MTD or a supplier). They are nothing special, just plain old tapered roller bearings.

Thanks Charlie, lot's of pictures for sure, looking for a good one that tells me what size I am looking at. I looked at half of them before I posted. BTW, thanks for the sticker ;-)

Thanks Steve.
I got 'em apart.
The target deck was a dream to dis-assemble.
It must have spent most of it's off duty time stored inside.
Every thing came apart so easy. The pulleys just lifted off after removing the center bolt/grease fitting and then the spindles practically fell out in my hand after.
The IH was still clean and seeable on most of the carriage bolts.
Will look good under the 100 when I get it back together.

George,

Just for you, some pics of the V61's on a 100 frame.
Sorry, that is the best I can do for now.
Hope this helps.

Dang archive bug!

Latest posts

Back