Archive through July 15, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to disrupt the roll pin/dowel pin debate, but all I have is gear drives.
err.gif

Anyway, does anyone have any info (especially pics) on attaching a Quick Connect narrow frame subframe to a 100? I have looked some, but haven't found any good info or pics. I'm betting Kraig has some!

Scott,

Got any pics of the completed tractor?

hee hee marty....

as my signature says....

the brand new group 50 battery I bought oh-so-long ago to fit under the seat is shot as of last weekend...

I have a lot of honey-doo projects and a 4 year old bathroom remodel...
bash.gif

the bath is due for completion soon, so the cub is next... (sure scott...)

Marty, are you asking for a photo of a Quick Attach narrow frame "Mower Deck Sub-Frame" or a "Blade Sub-Frame"? For now I will assume Mower Deck.

298154.jpg

Kraig,

Sorry about that, I was referring to a QA blade sub frame.
Fantastic pic of the deck sub frame.
Wow! The front PTO was not standard on the 70/100??!!

For what it's worth. Our gear drive pulling tractors all have grade 8 nickel plated bolts in them. We get about 7-10 events out of them before they shear. So we change them out at 5. And sometimes they are too warped to come out of the hole.

And these are on high horsepower 16hp opposed twin and single cylinder engines pulling 3000# sleds at 5000rpm and more.

I would assume that a grade 8 bolt would do fine in a stock engine mowing grass.

Wait a dog-gone minute. I spot a muffler sticking out of the side of that 100! What's up with that? Could that be a 12 HP 120?
1a_scratchhead.gif
biggrin.gif

That 100 belonged to Bryan McMeen. I looked through some other photos I have of it and could not verify if it had a deep sump oil pan. It is a replacement engine as it has the dip stick down by the points.

Latest posts

Back