• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 13, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Thanks for that belt info Kraig , I did not think I was dreaming about that lol.
old.gif

I am going to install a creeper gear on my 126, is it easier to cut thr existing driveshaft or install another whole clutch assemble with the shaft already cut. Do I need to remove my rear end or not. Could some point me in the right direction on this upgrade.
Thanks

Ken-- No he stopped giving us updates on the loader a few months ago. We saw the beginnings of it but I don't know if he finished or just ran out of patience trying to build it.

Here is the FREE 128 ya'll have been helping me fix.
Just picture it with a deck on it now. I also got an IH Snow/Dirt Blade with it also for FREE.

The story is I had all my cubs in the driveway washing, waxing, and polishing them for the tractor show that weekend. I see this guy pull in my yard and we started talking about them and he told me he had a 73 at his house he was wanting to get rid of. Well... being the cub nut I am I asked "how much?" he replied "If you follow me home now you can have it for free" and of course I was stunned so I threw the loading ramps in my truck and down the road I went. Came home with a 128 not a 73 also the deck and snow blade. HE has all the original manuals also we just couldn't find them, so he's supposed to stop by my house with them when he finds them. The only pieces that are missing from the setup is the front grille on the tractor, the trip springs for the blade and the lift arm for the blade. I think he welded the blade so he could do away with the springs.
227499.jpg

Here are the mule drive photos as promised:

227501.jpg

I loosened the nut so the assembly sequence could be better seen in the above photo. From left to right: Nut - Lock Washer - Flat Washer - Spacer (inside of the flat portion of the adjustment bolt) - Flat Washer - Pulley Bracket - Pulley (note long side of pulley axle faces the bracket) - Bolt Head (seen in photo below)).

227502.jpg

227503.jpg

227504.jpg

Please note that the spring is not installed in the above photo.

227505.jpg

The photo above shows where the spring would attach. Note the groove that is worn in the under side from the hook on the spring.

Ken, thanks. According to FAQ #5 I have the right paint for my machine. But I'm telling you it's more creamy than the white that's on the hood now. It looks as though the white on my hood in more like #902 white. Maybe it's faded or my eyes are playing a trick on me.

Anthony P.
I've never installed a creeper, but, i have replaced a worn out driveshaft. The Driveshaft does wear around the clutch springs and TO Bearing. If you haven't already torn into it, you may have to tear it down and inspect it to see how much is left. Maybe someone else will chime in.
Oh, you don't take the tranny off, but you do have to loosen up the engine and slide it forward, i think there is a procedure on here somewhere for that.

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

Thanks for that great information on the mule drive for the 147 mower deck. As always you come through with great information.Thanks so much for your time with this. I see a few mule drives I have here are set up the same as the one you posted and wonder are most Cub mule drives set up with that configuration ? We have rain in the forecast tomorrow so I will get some cub time in my shop. I have so much to do that I don`t know where to start lol. But i`am sure a day in my shop will be a great day for me. Thanks again for your help. later Don T
worthy.gif
greenthumb.gif
old.gif

BRIAN - I checked the home page & FAQ's on paint. Your existing white has probably faded a little. The FAQ's show that #902 white was used on the 72/73,104/105/124/125/106/107/126/127/147 and then #935 was used starting with the first WF's until the end of production. The only white IH/MTD sells now is #935, and I agree it does look more of a beige than what an older paint job would have. But short of having something mixed up at an auto body paint shop it's what shuld be used.

What amazes Me is how the #483 Federal yellow kinda fades into a less bright color, that the fresh repaints REALLY make it POP off my monitor screen as being very bright.

Kraig,

Thank you for the effort it took to provide the excellent photos of the mule drive idler assembly. Now that I know exactly what parts are required, I will pick up the bits and pieces, and post up the results once all of the parts arrive.

Keith, I just had a second look at some of the photos I took last night and noticed that on my main mule drive (the photos I posted last night are of a spare mule drive) there isn't a flat washer between the adjuster bolt and the pulley bracket. It might not be needed.
dunno.gif
(Yes it's hard to see that no space is there due to all the dirt, I have another photo from the other side that clearly shows no space but it's not as nice of a photo.) Note first photo below:

227508.jpg

Here's a photo of the tension spring and how it attaches:

227509.jpg

And to prove there's no space/washer here's the photo from the other side:

227511.jpg

<strike>In my case anyway, a washer will actually move the pulley over more and cause the belt to to angle even more than it already does.</strike> Note belt angle.
icon_eek.gif

Kraig - NO a washer would not move the sheave over as it would be on the opposite side of the bracket from the sheave.

What you afraid to get your finger nail dirty to scrape the dirt off ?

Dennis - As I've said before I run Gates Green Belts. Have for 20+ years. I've got one on the 2082 PTO and when it lets go I'll let you know. Since it will be years before it happens ... are you going
angel.gif
or
devil1.gif
when ya kick the oil can so I'll know where to send the email ??
whistling.gif

The 127 has GGBs but it's been parked to long now to use as longevity results.

KEN - Just post your results here. Like I posted last week, MTD has changed their mule drive belt for my 72/38" deck application. I'm going to run the new belt I got a week ago to see how it works when the old one gives up, which I'm afraid won't be too much longer. I might switch to Gates Green belts too.

KENtucky,
bash.gif
you are correct sir! My bad. (Not enough coffee yet today. And no thanks, I'm not in the mood for cow track coffee. [inside joke folks...]) Not afraid to get my finger nail dirty but I didn't want to get my camera dirty!

Denny, I'm still waiting for the photos of that low S/N Original...
whistling.gif

Dennis, I have a Gates Green belt on my shredder/chipper and it takes a beating, but is still looking fine after 3 hard years.

Ge guys I wonder if Charlie will stock Gates Green Belts Now
1a_scratchhead.gif
popcorn.gif
wink.gif

KRAIG - I'm probably about 500 miles from it.... so I'm waiting too.

To be honest, I think it's either changed hands already, or it's in negotiationa to be sold.

Latest posts

Back