• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 13, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the suggestions guys...I ended up replacing the V/R, solenoid, key switch and the wiring harness...I call it the scatter gun method of problem solving. My train of thought is based on the idea that all of the componants listed were nearly 40 years old and were likely nearing the end of their service life..As this is a working tractor that I do plan on keeping and using until I'm so old I can't drag myself around any longer..I hope my efforts and refurbs will long outlast me.

Oh yeah...The actual cause of total electrical failure was due to the wiring harness rubbing/chafing against the drive shaft. The rubbing/chafing looked very fresh and I'm guessing the guy who did the clutch job never re secured the wiring loom after he installed the new drive shaft and related clutch drive parts. Just goes to show that if you want something done right...Do it yourself...I could have probably performed the clutch replacement in the same amount of time it took to rewire and replace the componants I replaced.. Oh well. Live and learn...Hopefully!

BTW...I presume the Violet wire in the 126 loom is the hot wire for head-lights?

Thanks again for all the help guys..

Regards

John Mitchell
Cecilia. Kentucky.

JOHN - Violet wire is for the headlights on ALL NF wire harnesses I think.

Ron, I just had the frame sanded doun to bare metal- no bent matal. Even my boys were good at running it into trees. Guess I will have to shim under the rear bolts. Just cannot find a reason why.

Well I finally got the 125 split. The tow lever had flopped down and the associated plate was stopping the backward movement. Probably nothing special for you guys, but a big deal for me to actually split the tractor!
bubbly.gif
The trunion bracket was welded at some point, but looks worn to my eyes, and the plate assembly that pivits on the trunion shaft is flopping left and right over the springs. I took some pictures and will post them after I take the spring clip off and take a few more. Also there is a swivel joint on the end of the speed contral rod that moves the plate that is all worn out and flopping around. I noticed that as the plate was moved the swivel was scraping on the hydro line. Baby steps maybe, but I am getting there!

i just realized i have that exact same stapler but mine says ace

Thanks All for the info about bills of sale and motor ID. Um I'm not sure If the motor is original because the ID number is K161S. As I understand that meens that it is a six horse with electric start. It has a starter/generator setup. From what I've herd it should say K171S. Any thoughts?

Hey guys one more question. the clutch petal on my original doesn't like to come back up after I push it down to shift or stop. The clutch and brake work fine. I have plenty of pressure pushing down, but I have to pull it back up with my boot. Any thoughts on whats wrong? once again thanks for your help, you guys have been very helpful with my questions. I've had this little work horse for about 7 years and I'm just starting to realy learn all the details about it.

Back