• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 13, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aschumacher

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Allen Schumacher
Michael Miller, been getting Extend in Home Depot. It may...not... be in the spray can section. Look in the aisle with sections of misc. stuff, like lime remover,rust neutralizer,etc.

Ray N: The IH emblem continued to be in the grille after the sale for the red ones that IH sold. The Yellow/White 82 Series versions, sold only through the CCC only dealers, got the CCC emblem beginning with the fall '81 production of the '82 year models

Michael M: If your 682 was made in May 80, then it isn't lkely you have a KT-17 Series II as OEM. I believe that KT Series engines labeled as Series II probably came on line after the sale with Serial number 726,125, although TC-193 indicates that the actual internal change to the KT engine oil system from splash to pressure was just before IH sold to CCC at Serial Number 686,555. Maybe, someone can document the "official" changeover serial number based on what Kohler did.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Myron,
I'm sure you are right about the OEM motor being a KT17. My KT17 Series II is a replacement engine; it has a sticker on the sheet metal identifying it as being rebuilt with a Series II short block.

Myron & Michael M:

The KT-17 change over occurred under the CCC reign.
Chassis Serial Numbers 726,124 and lower were Series I,
Chassis Serial Numbers 726,125 and higher were Series II.

Roland B: Yeah, like I said, 726125 is when I believed the KT officially became a Series II, B - U - T, take a real good analytical look at TC-193. It's showing the oil system change at Ser # 686555 or do I need some new tri-focals?? I suspect Kohler operationally field tested the new system before they actually labeled it as such....That may mean that all tractors with serial number 686555 - 726124 had, in fact, Series II's in all but the name...

Myron B

I am going to do some service work on a friends 72. One of the "broke" things is the muffler. Any suggestions? I am familiar with the 1X9 and the 1X8's, but this will be new to me and I don't want to break anything. Thanks

Myron:

I can't anything to that effect in my TC-193 nor at the Kohler Web Site....
dunno.gif

I've got a qeuestion! I am trying to split my 125. I have and am reading the manual
thumbsup.gif
. I've disconnected the brake rod and disconnected the universal from the speed cam , then removed the 6 bolts holding the rear end to the frame. I pulled and the rear end moved backward about 1" then stopped. I tried jacking up the middle of the tractor a little up or down still shes a no pull out! Am I missing anything. The skid plate on the front of the transmission is still bolted to the frame, but that doesn't look like it is bolted to the transmission. The drive shaft is now out of the coupler. Does it
have something to do with the tow lever not releasing the valves on the transmission as I pull it back?

Roland: Maybe I should loan you my tri-focals :)-}>..Check the 682 section F, under Group 12, Power, for the short block replacements and replacement parts for the same. The same short block with the pressure oiling for those above 726125 (which even you agree is a Series II) is exactly the same (including all parts) as the one between 686555 and 726124 (I believe to be the same as a Series II) but both of which are distinctly different from the NLA KT-17 engines in 686554 and below which, by checking the parts listing, does not show a oiling system (Series I for sure).

Myron B

I got some decal work in on the 128 today.
88806.jpg

88807.jpg

88808.jpg

So far the decals have turned out better than I expected. A couple bubbles here and there, but this is going to be a worker.

Need help. 149 will not start. When I turn the key, only a clicking noise can be heard. Tried to jump it directly from the battery to the coil-no luck. Maybe the magnetic switch (starter solenoid)? Any help would be appreciated.
bash.gif

Ground should be fine. I was mowing the other night and shut off the tractor. Tried to start it up a little while later and the same clicking noise was heard. Let it sit, tried again and it started right up. Now tonight-nuthin????

I am looking for the shims to shim the pulley on an ogura pto. The shop manual says to shim it .060 to .090 (I think) from the rotor, but I have not seen any parts illustrations, nor have I seen any online, that have the shims.

On the last page there was some conversation on AG's all around and air cleaners, well here's version.
88810.jpg

88811.jpg

88812.jpg

Tom-
When are you going to bring that tractor to a PD?
biggrin.gif

Peter R-
Yes, check the grounds to be sure. They're usually the first to go, and will give the symptoms you describe.

All-
I picked up a #40 "Box Scraper" this past Friday. As you can see, the guy converted it to Cat-0 by welding this "thing" to it.

88818.jpg

88819.jpg

Does anybody know what this "thing" is? It's Cat-0 and at first I thought that it was a sleeve hitch adaptor, but it doesn't have any holes in it for a sleeve hitch, nor does it have any signs of being part of previous implement. (I checked out Vassar's website, but couldn't find anything like this, or anything Cat-0 at all.)

88820.jpg

Finally............Some people just should not be allowed to own a welder!!!!
bash.gif

(It looks like he squeezed a big BLACK crow until this came out it's back-side..).

88821.jpg

Checked all the grounds-cleaned, tightend, even added a new one to the frame. Clicking is coming from the solenoid inside the dash tower.

Latest posts

Back