• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 12, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jimmy Long, try running it with the gas cap off or at least very loose. Sometimes the vent plugs up and stops the fuel flow. Kinda like the straw with your finger over the end.

Oops, I should have thanked Paul for the pics.
Mike, I have tried running with the gas cap loose and off...same problem. I also tried running with the muffler losse and off to make sure I had no restrictions on the exhaust...same problem. Something else I did not mention was I can look in the throat of the carb while running an see the fuel being atomized with now apparent difference in atomization when the engine dies. I will check my timing and thanks to all for the imput. If anyone has any ideas believe me I am open for suggestions.

Jimmy , my 1250 did the same thing a week ago . Took carb off everything looked ok, took the seat out and found a small black speck behind the seat . took that out run great now . the gas run out of the seat but not full flow hope this is it.

GERRY - Yes, Longer IS better on the "U" shape, hense my comment about my buddy's KT17. You can actually use a vacuum gauge but having done both the manomoeter works better IMHO.

As the instructions say, there's only 5 to 10 inches of vacuum, and from engines I've tested a good servicable K241 will run about 7-8, K181 about six. A K341 may get to 10", not sure, I've never tested one.

Paul Bell...what might the odds be that if I were to look for my timing marks that I could look for the balance holes as a starting area? I suspect your picture was just odd luck. Timing marks were probabily located in reference to where the keyway was broached, with no relationship to balancing area.

After changing the loader hydraulic filter, topping off the tranny and loader fluid I still am having a slow up and down control of my FEL. The curl and dump unit work fine. It is a Cesnna Hydraulic valve. Any suggestions. Thanks to those members whom had responded to my earlier post.

Worked the loader pretty hard today hauling wood. Bent the grapple piston.
sad.gif

I belt it back using my press. Good as new now.
194004.jpg

194005.jpg

194006.jpg

194007.jpg

194008.jpg

194009.jpg

194010.jpg

Kraig,
Your offspring have good jeans!
194011.jpg

194012.jpg

Allen S, Jimmy L,
You can probably get pretty close by going by the ballance holes, I just looked at another flywheel and the are two balance holes on it, one by each mark. I also noticed something else about the second flywheel, it has a thicker base and shorter blades. The overall height, diameter, and crankshaft hole is the same, but the thicker (second) wheel is 3 lbs heaver that the one I took pictures of, so there may be a difference between the 10 and 12 hp wheels although the Cub Cadet parts manuals (TC-113) show the same Kohler part number for the 10 and 12hp wheel (KH 47-755-02), there may have been a design change made by Kohler at some point. I'll try to do some research sometime when I don't have anything else to do. Some of the earlier Parts manuals such as the TC-103 for the 70/100 list IH numbers for the flywheel and other engine parts. K161, K241, and K301 are the only engines I normally play with, so if Kohler didn't make a change at some point, I'm not sure where the wheel I took pictures came from unless it had been changed on an engine prior to me getting it. The Kohler parts manual shows several different flywheels for the 10 and 12 hp engines, depending on the what the spec number of the engine is.

Will-

Are you running the engine wide open? What are the flowrate and pressure specs on the pump?

Latest posts

Back