• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 11, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt:
Thanks
Turns out it is a 1811, not a 782...Has a M18 Kohler.

Will have to talk about it on different area.

I would love to know what got inside the KT17 II on my 782 that I just bought. Whatever it was, it put a hole in the case and pushed out part of the case. It runs perfectly except it blows oil out the hole.
I remembered I have a 682 that also has a KT17 II that needs help. Hope the case will work.

Hey Frank, ya know , Kentuk would fill the hole with JBW.
whistling.gif
roflol.gif

Frank-

Someone might have put an M18 into a 782, there's lots like that out there. Also, someone with a TIG welder could possibly fix that hole in your other engine.

Frank - Bring me the 682 and I'll Duck™ Tape that hole fer ya ;)

I've been working in DC this week, so I decided to see if there were any cubs around. I found this on Craigslist for Maryland; it was about 30 miles from the job site. It's now sitting in the back of my van. I'm on cloud 9! Been wanting to find a nice 71 for awhile.

Here are some pics the PO sent me.
62316.jpg

62317.jpg

Frank,

I dropped a M18 in a 782 abut 2 years ago. Mine had a KT17 and threw a rod out the block. Went to the local Cub dealer and said he was replacing the KT17 with the M18. Had one on the shelf and I bought it. It was a drop in except for one thing. He said I needed a relay to make the ignition work. I would have to take a look at mine to tell you what kind. Said I had to be careful at the wiring hook up. Wire it wrong and you burn up the stator. Double checked his instructions before I turned the key for the first time and it works like a charm. For the price, if I had to do it over I would buy the 24HP Honda kit and drop in. I have been watching the post the last few days and see I need to move my oil filter. When I installed I left it on to the engine. I see I need to put it on the back of the firewall to stop the oil from draining back. Hopes this helps little

Frank,

Does the governor still work on that KT17???? Many of them fail when the governor shaft backs out of the block and the governor gear drops into the fray....or the governor gear just explodes....

Funny, the "cheap" Briggs in my 582 has a steel governor gear.....

Richard,

In the Kentucky bluegrass/tall fescue/rye grass mixtures that are common in the midwest the Gators will out perform the std. blades in just about all conditions. Grass type, thickness, and growing rate have a lot to do with Gators being suitable for the job or not....in your neck of the woods you have a very good reason for not using them.

I got the electric lift together for my 149. Those little DC motors are sure a nuisance to put back together - the magnets popped loose and I had to fiddle with those little clips...

Anyhow, the motor wires generates a good chunk of heat when I touch it to a battery with my fingers to drive the lift back and forth. The case of the motor feels cool. So perhaps that is normal for these. I did notice pretty big gauge running to the motor.

Scott, Jason, Dale:

About the lift arm for the tiller. I happen to have an upper lift arm from ebay that has a pipe stuck on it to extend the bar. Looks simple and is reversible. Also, I was thinking, instead of welding the 2.5 inch extensions directly to the lower arms, I think it could be easy to fabricate extensions that could be bolted/unbolted.

The pink thing is the bolt that would go into the stock lift arm and would be secured on the other side with a locking nut.

what do you think? Would it work well?

62324.jpg

Frank M:

I lost a rod in my KT-17 Series II a couple of years ago and it ventilated the crankcase. I cut out the hole to a rectangular shape. I happen to have a piece of aluminum about the same thickness. I shaped that scrap piece to the size of the crankcase hole. I took the crankcase and piece to a professional welding shop and had it welded in. No problems to this date.

thumbsup.gif

Has anyone ever seen this IH Dealer fold-over card for quoting an Original to a potential customer?

I lucked into one from an old IH dealer in NJ.

Tom
62335.jpg

Outside of IHCC Original Foldout Quote Card

62336.jpg

Inside of IHCC Original Foldout Quote Card

Chris..
I would imagine it would work... I would extend the adapters so that you could attach it w/ two bolts per side, perhaps drilling and tapping a 1/2 fine hole... That would securely locate the arm and minimize the play in the assembly...

Hello all im still alittle confused on my 125 i replaced the coil and condencer i took them of my running 124 the 125 still stalls when it gets warm just like you turn off the key then when it cools down itl start right back up i pulled the breather off last night when i try to start it when its warm it spits gas out the carb any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Tom H: Interesting! I've seen similar ones but not that particular one before. Your card was printed on 10 May 1962 according to the print code.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

TOM H. - If You know ANYPLACE I can buy CC wheel weights for $11/pair let Me know!
roflol.gif
I bet back in about '62 or '63 that even included the hardware!

Tom H2., I, like Myron have seen similar price cards but never that one. Any chance I could get you to email me high resolution scans of that one? Please?
bouncy.gif
TIA

John:
I already have a 782 that has been repowered with the M18. It is my favorite mowing tractor. Alter getting the 1811 home and looking closely at it, I am not going to part it...only has 782 hours and it is in great shape except for the seal that leaks.

Steve:
That may be what is the cause. Have not run it enough to tell if the govenor is not working. Is there a fix to prevent shaft from moving?

Roland:
All I have to do is fire up the Lincoln 175 TIG and fix it. Biggest problem is getting it clean enough to do a proper weld job. Oil impregnated aluminum is hard to weld.
I am going to see if the other case works first.

Frank - Look for anything containing methylene chloride and use it to clean the aluminum. Gasket remover usally has it but some don't anymore thanks to the EPA. I use to have access to 55 gallon drums of the straight stuff ;) Very bad stuff! Also I got a can of stuff they use at the local hydraulic hose repair place to clean off their work table. It's great too but I don't know it's name ... maybe later I'll get it for ya.

Darren - As you describe the problem, it's suppose to be the coil since you loose spark when hot.
dunno.gif

Ken
i was hoping for it t be the coil i swaped them out last night ran it and it died i put them back on my other tractor and there fine im stumped

Latest posts

Back