• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 11, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darren: Try this when It does that (stops) pull the plug as quick as possible (while still hot) or have a spare plug and hook it up. No spark then its coil and condenser if you have spark then start looking for a wire that my be braking down, shorting out. Possible sparkplug wire problem also! Quick way to tell is start it up after dark and see after it runs for awhile if spark is not jumping around some place!!!

Pops

Darren..
Sounds like you have a valve sticking open... Check to see if your carb is not causing the engine to run lean, Take off your cooling shroud and clean out all around the fins, and try using some marvel mystery oil in the gas to help alleiviate the problem. See the FAQ's for more info on MMO.... HTH

thanks Scott and Ben ill give that a try and hope for the best thanks again

KEN:
Carbon tetrachloride(sp?)...banned...used in munitions factories during WWII as cleaning agent. Best way I have found is to put in water with some dove and boil it for a longtime.... then in clean water and repeat.

Welding this up wil be my last resort if the other case does not work.

Maybe it is the other name:
Methylene chloride is a colorless liquid with a mild, sweet odor. Another name for it is dichloromethane. Methylene chloride does not occur naturally in the environment.

Methylene chloride is used as an industrial solvent and as a paint stripper. It may also be found in some aerosol and pesticide products and is used in the manufacture of photographic film.

Frank,

Stake the gov. shaft with a small roll pin in a blind hole...I have pics I'll post later.

Frank M -

Keep up with the times!
lame.gif

Carbon tet has been replaced and its replacement has been replaced and so on and so on. Currently we're talking trichloroethylene which is still available from Sunnyside as Carbo-Sol. I buy it by the gallon...

Frank - Machine Shop Thread ;)

Bryan - Ya got to use something that doesn't leave behind a film as bad as what you started with.

Ken- Have you ever tried Hydrogen Peroxide as a final rise/wipe off? Works great on a multitude of things.

Lyle - Never thought of it b4. Always using it on myself to much ;)

Bryan:
I don't deal with chemicals other than gasoline much. I remember when Carbon tet was banned. Used to use it to clean parts in the distant past. Had not paid attention to its many replacements.

When Originals were made, Carbon tet was probably used somewhere in the factory.

My mother, who was a chemist for Olin in the St. Louis Munition's plant told me of having buckets of carbon tet all over the factory to clean parts and you rhands. Workers used to wash their hands in it like water.

Latest posts

Back