• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 11, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjukes

displayname
glenn jukes
Hello--new here, but I see a couple familiar names. Just a little info, and I'll go away. (for awhile)..Just got a 147 hydro model--waiting for the manuals from original owner---
1. Do the front wheels have bushings or bearings on the spindle? one is really bad...
2. Has anyone made an exhaust stack for the 14 h/p Kohler--the muffler on this one is all rotted out--I'd like to run a stack up the left side later on. This will be a long work-in progress, as I have a couple other full-blown projects right now....
(I just couldn't pass this deal up..)
thanks, folks!
glenn27

Glenn,
groupwave.gif
WELCOME!
groupwave.gif

The 147 should have bearings in the wheel where it fits on the "wheel axle", the spindle where it rotates in the "cast axle" doesn't even have bushings. These exploded views should help explain it.

62293.jpg

62294.jpg

Yes there have been several people that have made exhaust stacks for the 14hp Kohler, do a search with the key words "exhaust stack" and you should get plenty of info.

O.K.--and the part numbers are straight from Cub?
Any other parts sources?

Glenn, ur gonna need Cub part #'s where ever u buy. On top of the page is an assortment of suppliers(sponsers) that can get whatever you need at competive prices.

o.k.--got that---thanks for the info.There is a IH dealer in town that I believe the company I work for has an account with--I might be able to get cash tickets/get a small discount...

I don't like GATOR blades. I've been running them on my 782 with the 50C deck this year and finally decided to remove them.

A regular set of blades properly sharpened and if your deck is aligned correctly will do just as good a job mowing Bermuda grass as the Gators.

They may be okay in a wet area if you have very thick grass but here in Arizona where there is a lot of dust they produce a tornado of dust when you mow. By the time I get done mowing me and the 782 are covered in dust like a monsoon dust storm.

You don't have leaves, do you, Richard? I'd be using normal blades except we have tons of leaves to get rid of in the fall. They work pretty good for that. Arizona doesn't have trees with leaves that fall off, so you don't have the same problem most of us do.

Matt Oh I got leaves in the winter, that's where the old 169 earns it's keep.

62296.jpg

You must live in a different part of Arizona than I have been to. That 169 looks like it's spent all of its life out in the sun.

RICHARD - Wyatt helped Me mow one fall with His 169 & 44" deck with Gators on it. I was running the 72 with the home-made yard vac. When We were about done Wyatt was running into the sun and I was following Him....and His whole tractor was just enveloped in a huge cloud of dust. I will say that with most of the leaves being pulverized into dust the number of loads of leaves/clippings from the VERY far side of the yard I had to run over to the burn pile was greatly reduced.
And I agree....I don't even waste the money for the hard-surfaced blades anymore. Just the cheap stock standard blades for mowing. I have special blades for the deck when using the vac. And since that deck is the old steel ended 38" deck Gator doesn't even make blades for it.
I find the standard blades last for years and years on those 44" & 50" decks. I ran a 44A on the 129 as My main mowing tractor for about 15 yrs on the almost new set of blades that was on the deck when I bought the tractor. And most of the time I was mowing 2-3 acres.

Recap of 149 hydrostatic problem:

Matt & Roland: It turns out the coupler pin is shearing. One repair and it sheared again. Fluid level is two years old and okay. Something broken inside? We haven't pulled it apart yet but wonder what is likely cause and how available parts are. Also, is there a schematic available somewhere for those transmissions? Thanks again

William P:

Schematic...??? as in fluid schematic or are you referring to a Parts Breakdown...??

The Input Shaft is NOT that hard to turn. You could install something like a phillips screwdriver shaft into the hole where the coupler spirol pin was and see if you can rotate by hand.

Try that and let us know.

William P.-

Which pin? Are you using the correct pin? Other worn parts might be causing it to eat pins like that.

Charlie-

HTH did you get that bagger to work? I've been wanting to do just that....only on the "D".

I think I know how Charlie does it, with Gator blades you should be able to put your deck flat on the ground and the wind from the blades would load dirt and everything else around in the bagger. If you put on a small pulley you could probably stand still and dig a hole.

Hi, I am new here.I am from North West Iowa.. I been around cubs all my life now for 34 years.I thought I would stop and say Hi..
ihrotate.gif
Oh by the way I am a owner of a 1961 Cub..I plan on doing a restore this comming winter.

Jason

Charlie/Richard-

So I'm gonna have to scalp my lawn to get it to pick anything up? (50C, not an older stamped end deck) I see that high lift blades also exist for these, would those work better than the gators?

Latest posts

Back