• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 08, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holden,

If you can post a top view picture of the deck we can tell you what deck version it is.

The IH blade shrouds are different somewhat on the decks. I think they were bolt on (version 1 & 2) at first and welded on later (ver. 3).

Someone here likely knows the size of flat steel stock needed to make the shrouds. I made some on a 42" deck 10 years ago, I used the same width steel just a heavier gage. I welded up the mounting bolt holes in the deck (ver. 2) and welded the shroud in.

If you don't have a welder or a friend with one, mounting with bolts is always an option.

Jim

Timing question-

After spending a couple of hours using the Static Timing method trying to get my 71 running, I've decided that I'm doing something wrong. Even at the extremes of point adjustment, (with a new points rod), I am still about 1/3 of a turn away from the S/F and D/C marks on the flywheel...
I just pulled the engine and opened it up to make doubly sure that I lined the marked teeth on the camshaft/crankshaft correctly, and I did. Now I'm pretty confused, so I wanted to ask you guys for input before I reassembled everything.

Holden,

Glad to see I'm not only one needing a blade shroud for their 42 inch mower deck. I have one that came with an IH Cub Cadet 100 that hope to try out (without shroud) when it quits raining. Mower deck had cast iron ends.

Has anyone tried to mow without blade shroud?

My 129 engine.
I should be receiving the rings for my 129 tomorrow and then it will be close to putting it back in. I was wondering if anyone ever uses any rubber washers between the engine and frame on the mounting bolts. I would think that it would eliminate some vibration. I also was wondering what is the opinion using the regular gas or the non oxygenated. I have been using just regular gas but am not sure if I should change.
Thanks for any comments
Earl

Earl, no rubber mounts on the 129, they will breakdown and cause your engine bolts to loosen/strip/wallow out,, hard mount that k301

Jim,
Trying to send photos, but not having much luck. could send to your email if you would like.
holden

Dale Merkle, on my 73 I ran it for quite a few years without one when I first got it. I replaced it with new and cannot see any real difference with it or without it!

Clarke I dont want to give bs advice so just hang in there someone will chime in soon,

Dale, I've been running with a partial shroud for years on my main 42" deck. I keep meaning to fab up a new shroud, but it seems to do a good job of cutting as is. I have a couple of other 42" decks that I could use. I can't remember if they have shrouds or not.
blush.gif

My plans are to try mowing without baffle...if it quits raining long enough.

I did check Cub Cadet parts look up. There were 3 versions made of the 42 inch mower deck.
First version was made from 1963 to 1968.
Second version was made from 1968 to 1971.
Third version was made from 1971 to 1974.

Parts look up shows a blade shroud assembly for the first and second version mower decks. The third version in the parts look up does not show a blade shroud assembly. Building one looks to be a easy task.

My Son is closing on house next week and will need a mower. He wants to use one of my mowers for awhile. Not sure who will end up with the 100 and who will use the off topic tractor. If I was a betting person I will be using the 100 because the other mower has a wider deck.

Latest posts

Back