• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 08, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Muffler question for a 149. If you purchase a NEW muffler from Cub Cadet today, what do you get? I seem to remember someone saying that it is the same style as the original one on my 149, but heavier made. If so, does anyone have a picture?
Thanks

HyTran question: the operators manual says to change the transmission <u>filter</u> every 100 hours. Okay, that's clear. But how often should the HyTran <u>fluid</u> be changed?

Dave, it is for a 122; the parts manual shows a retainer. I have a really nice clear IH cap but but it has some play in it. Was thinking it needs an O-ring to seal it and hold it i place??

Tom

Tom,

I just pulled the decorative cap off an 82 series steering wheel. The retainer is a round rubber O-ring which sits into a groove of the steering wheel hub. The O-ring is .14" thick, 2" outside diameter, 1.75" ID. Mine has a light petroleum jelly (Vaseline) coating.

If CC parts doesn't have it, you might be able to find this at a hardware or plumbing supply store.
193625.jpg

Frank C

headphones.gif
Its to hot here today to do anything. weather guessers have been promising rain now for days and It won`t come down.I`am busy build my Cub storage building and my Cubs will so see some repairs done and the O will soon be ready for paint. Have a great day all
old.gif

Roy, thanks for the quick reply. I was thinking that it needed an oring; however, there is no groove in my steering wheel to keep it there. Maybe I have the wrong steering wheel??

Thanks, Tom

Kendal H., the photo you posted is a QA42 style sub frame mount NOT a QA42A. AS to the U-Joint phasing compare to this photo:

193627.jpg

Bill R., I believe the best way to mount that QA42A to your 102 or 122 would be to fab a bracket that mounts to the two holes in the frame, then have that bracket extend forward with a stud located to replicate the stud that is on the frame of the QA attach Cubs. I'll sketch something up to post.

Kraig:
And set the 42A up for a wide frame to allow the width needed for the two extensions..right??

Bill R., please excuse the poor quality sketch, but this is what I was suggesting in my post below. A simple plate, actually two of them, one for each side, each with two holes and a welded on stud. This setup would allow use of the QA42A on a non-QA equipped narrow frame with no mods to either the tractor or to the implement. Well the implement might need subtle "tweaking" of the subframe, see above post.

193629.jpg

Gerry, on my QA42 there's enough wriggle room for a thin plate perhaps 3/16" on each side but a thicker plate might need some "tweaking" on the subframe to allow room for the adapter bracket plates. But then, my QA42 might be "tweaked" slightly already.
dunno.gif
<blink>OR</blink> One could make the plate so that is is spaced out from the frame and the stud faces inward toward the frame so that the snowthrower sub frame slips behind it.

What do I need to set up my 124 with a three point hitch?
Thanks
Christopher

Christopher, first off, WELCOME!
wave.gif
groupwave.gif
wave.gif

If you are referring to a CAT-0 three point hitch there is only one source, well, only one manufacturer which is Xtreme Motorworks, (see the link above) and you can get them from CC Specialties, see link above as well.

If you are referring to the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> 3 point for the Cub Cadet then you'll need all the parts in this drawing except item #2 and item # 8 which should already be on your 124:

193631.jpg

Tom,

You probably have the correct steering wheel. The 82 Series steering wheel is a different part number than the 122 wheel. So my O-ring advice isn't going to help.

Christopher, there are a few implements that attach directly to the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> 3 point but for most you'll need a Brinly Sleeve Hitch Adapter. Here's what that looks like:

193633.jpg

I have been thinking about building my own helper spring for my narrow frame Cubs. I thinking about basing it on the Brinly spring, which uses the 3 point lift arm as an anchor for the lift and the frame as the stationary point and adjustment. The problem will be in sizing the spring and finding the right anchor point on the lift arm. Here's my idea.

193636.jpg

Terry, somewhere in my shed I think I have a Brinly helper spring, would you like me to dig it out and take some photos and measurements?
dunno.gif

Note the 11 3/4" dimension in Fig. 1 in this:

193638.jpg

Kraig,
That would be cool. That 11 3/4 dimension is handy, but it depends on the length of the spring I find and the length of the eye bolt. I would want enough adjustment either way so it might be hard to come up with an exact dimension, though one could if he knew the strength of the spring and the deflection.

Terry, OK, I'll see if I can find where I hid it in the shed.
blush.gif

Just finished putting a new wiring harness on my Cub 71, but...the voltage regulator doesn't seem to match the wiring diagam. The posts on the side of the regulator are marked "L"; "BATT" and "F", but then there is also an unmarked post on the back of the regulator. The diagram doesn't say anything about an "L" post and doesn't mention a post on the back of the regulator. Any help, as always, appreciated.

Latest posts

Back