Archive through July 08, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt,
I look forward to seing the 100 at RPRU! You'll feel good about the work you've done to it when it is done! Blisters heal, I get them on my index finger from too much internet surfin'.....

Frank C where have you been hideing lol. Just got off the phone and the news was good. The guy that was going to sell the Mott Flail mower and a #2 IH Trailer and other parts said he got orders to clean out the garage and will do it in the next 2 weeks.The mower might have 15 hrs on it and the trailer is in great shape. I will post a few pic when he calls me and i get the trailer loaded. Later Don T
old.gif

How and where should I look or go to get a service manual for the CC 126

Dennis Frisk,
Thanks. The off set would be in relationship to the wrist pin. ie.. wrist pin exactly in the center or off set X amount from center. I don't think they do have one from what I saw. But I wanted to ask.

Had a K241 smoking. I changed out the piston and rod with some new rings. Replaced the head and it's running pretty good. What ate up my day was pulling the engine, doing the work and then I put it back in the tractor instead of ground hopping it. When I saw what I had I decided to put it in a different tractor. So out it came again along with the other one. Then in the other tractor and finally put the other engine in the tractor I first started with. I'm changing over some other stuff with it so maybe I'll get it done tomorrow. But they are calling for rain so who knows.

Take care. - Peace -

Please don't tell maw what i put in the mini van

Picked up this IH Cub 122 all set up for the 12HP stock class, came with parts to put seat mount back to standard, transmission has a 16 tooth gear in second for pulling, has the heavy duty clutch and spring, and over 100 pounds of weights for $800.00

Yes it will fit in the Chrysler mini van :thThumbsU

url]

url]

url]

url]

I am getting ready to replace 2 "O" rings in the control valve on my 149. The directions say to use a brass pick to get the old ones out and the new one in. I don't have anything brass that I can use, but would not a piece of wood or plastic work without scratching the valve? Thanks

I have a 1966 122 that I was in the process of restoring to use as a lawn tractor. I had just reassembled it and was testing the components when the connecting rod let go and took out the cam shaft and cracked the block. I will be looking for a K301AS to replace it. If I am unable to find a replacement K301AS, can I repower it with a newer engine with a view to using it as a lawn tractor. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Andrew

Hi Joe, I pull a CC128 with water in 23,10.5-12 ag tires. No wieghts and I'm 170 lbs. This set-up tips the scales at 983lbs. This tractor is stock and very competitive most of the time I pull in the 3rd place or better. Have fun!

Matt G,
What the hell are you painting with, brabed wire handled spray gun????

I just registered today. This website is a little different than IH Registry(I have been a member there for about 4 or 5 months. I just wanted to say hi to everybody and to say that I hope i see some of you at RPRU on the 25th. oh ya, one more thing- <font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">IH Cub Cadets are awesome!</font></font>

in the look what followed me home category, shredder mulcher, 5 hp briggs engine, no serial # tag but engine code says 1973
154254.jpg

154255.jpg

Matt;

From one aviator to another...,you better stop before you go blind!
Bob B.
rofl.gif
!
154257.jpg

figured out how to resize, just need to figure out how to put all pics in 1 post
154265.jpg

Bobby B.-

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

From one aviator to another...,you better stop before you go blind!<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
I'm feelin' a bit slow tonight...care to explain?
confused.gif
lol.gif

Matt G:
How well did you clean up the parts be fore you primed. Thats what im worring about know. how clean is too clean. i dont want any rust bubbles. some parts i have taken to bare metal and some i just give up on. How do you prep for paint?THanks,Dustin

Francis, nice find! Looks like a model 59P. (Note the one in the photo below is a 7hp, model 79C.)

154267.jpg

Ronald, you can purchase manuals from Binder Books, see their link above. The manual you're looking for is the GSS-1404. Here's A LINK that'll take you right to their Cub Cadet page.

Latest posts

Back