• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 07, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeremiah, I still have them all and I think I have added A few more. I will add a picture as soon as I figure out how to do that. I am only about half computer literate. I am going to an auction tomorrow to try to buy a 73, If it doesn't sell too crazy. That would be the oldest one I have if I am sucessful at buying it, I have enough to keep me busy trying to keep all of them repaired and in working condition.

Hey Thurman, you and I are practically neighbors! Good luck on the 73. I actually saw it but it looks a little rough for me given I already have a restored and optioned out 73 here. I still have about 4 I need to get rid of so probably shouldn't be dragging anything home.
biggrin.gif

Kevin, Yea we are neighbors and we probably know alot of the same people. The 73 is kinda rough, but it is hard to find 40+ year old tractor that is not. It seem when I go to an auction to buy something everybody at the auction wants the same thing I want. I am going to auction and see what happens. Kevin, come by and say hello sometime.

MARTY - That 95-1/2 CC's a day was in addition to all the other tractors LVL produced, the little CUB & Cub LoBoy, the little 140, 240, & 340's. Plus they made & shipped a LOT of stuff to oher IH plants like FARMALL, E.Moline, Canton, probably Melrose Park, etc.

When I hired into FARMALL in Oct. '76 they were building 175 BIG Farmall's a day on two shifts. The 86-series had just been released and they couldn't build them fast enough. And in about 3-4 months they caught up with demand and I got laid off, several times. The most FARMALL could build on one shift was right around 150 tractors, on a one-shift job you actually only get about seven hours of work, so that's over 21 tractors per hour, so that's a tractor every two minutes and 48 seconds.

Is there any special tools needed to remove/install the wheel bearings on the front wheels/rims on a Cub Cadet 102? Does anybody know the color codes for the yellow and white touch paint in spray paint for 102 and is it still available at local cub cadet dealer?

DAVID - removing/intalling frt wheel bearings requires a 9/16 inch wrench to remove the cap screw holding the frt wheels & bearings on. Then a small hammer and a punch to lightly tap the old bearings out from the opposite side. Hold the punch through the center of the opposite bearing. Then lightly tap the new bearings in. I'd use a small wooden block over the new bearing so you don't damage it. If the new bearings slide in and out easily, I'd get some brass shim stock at your local hardware store and wrap a piece around the outer race of the bearing so it's tight in the hub.

The sponsors above and your local CC dealer should have spray cans of paint, both yellow & white. Not sure what the MTD part numbers are but the colors for your 102 would be IH 483 or 483B Federal Yellow & IH 901 white, which is NLA, so everyone uses the currently available IH 935 white. There's links on the home page to info about CC paints for more info.

david, The last time I tried to buy paint at the dealer for a 100 they did not carry the right color, in fact the counter guy told me the only paint ever used for a cub was what he had. It's almost not his fault, theres no reference to any additional colors anywhere in the new books.

hi all,
Anybody happen to know the part # or size of the belt needed to run a pincor generator on attached to a 1650? The pincor I picked up came with a belt, but it's way to big.
thanks,
Mike

coffee.gif

G'mornin
With all this serial number talk, I looked up the 149's, and it was built in late Sept 73. I always thould my Dad picked it up in March of 73, so I dug out the receipts... Nope... Feb of 1974... The guy across the street got a new Gravely 1110 (don't quote me on the model number) and they had a race up to the end of the street... The cub got there first...

Since everyone like to see these,

227370.jpg

227371.jpg

Notice the receipt says "48 inch" mower... He got the 42" version.. He was a little P,O,'d....

Is there anyway to cross these 2 part numbers to MTD numbers from cub cadet/mtd numbers. I can get can MTD parts but I these 2 parts numbers computing and need them crossed referenced to mtd. 759-3259,759-3258.

David - I think what you want to do is cross it to any other brand ??

There's a paint cross ref around here somewhere

Paint Crossref

Hey guys I am trying to remove my PTO Clutch from my Cub and the set screws that hold it on are seized in there. I have tried WD-40/PB-Blaster and can't seem to get them out still! Anyone know of another way to get them out? I am worried I'll have them stripped then I'll never get them out.

<font color="119911">Thanks, Scott! What cost $2440 in 1974 would cost $10,664 in 2010! The JD trade-in must've been pretty new??
happy.gif
</font>

Frank, The JD was a 63 or 64 110 model. It cave us a lot of headaches, as the motor had to be rebuilt, and it needed a new tranaxle.. I have videos of my dad with me on his lap taking be for a ride on it... I'll have to post someday...

Just looking on ebay at a couple of cubs, item 270775419297 and item 200626381698.
Does anyone else notice the similarity? Is this just a stock set of photo's? I am always cautious about the online deal and this one is certainly a red flag.

Matt Greene

Matt
looks like either a scam, or someone needed a photo for theirs...

Buy one off the site or the sponsors

Ok so I got my PTO replaced on the 128 and now I need to know the belt sizes for the 44" mower deck and for the muledrive on the 128

Latest posts

Back