• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 07, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt Greene,
The one in Davenport, IA, borrowed/stole a pic off the internet for his machine.
If you will read the description,

"I will list more pictures asap as the ones listed are of the model and look like the tractor for sale but are not of the same unit."

The guy in White Lake Township, MI, is legit as far as him selling THAT machine listed.

BTW, we don't do sleezebay on the forum.

Ok guys need a little more help here:
This is the belt size for the mower-1/2 X 77 1/2" but all I can find is 1/2 X 77" will this work???
The belt size for the PTO is-3/8 X 78" but all I can find is 1/2 x78" will this work?

Question about wheel weights for a 782. What color were the ones from the factory black red or the white? Need advise on the bolts to secure them. Length, hardness, should they be the square headed bolt?
Joe

JOE - In my opinion, red wheel weights look best on a 782, but the IH white looks O-K too. I would not paint the cast iron weights black. I think IH started painting the weights white before they came out with the red tractors, think the wide frames, 1X8/1X9's were the first to get white weights, they were yellow prior to that. But I still like the red weights the best on a red tractor.

1/2" dia carriage bolts mount the easiest, the square shank under the head prevents them from spinning while tightening the nuts. I just use a flat washer, split lock washer and nut on the outside. Two bolts are enough to hold even a couple sets of weights. The length depends on what wheels you have and how many weights you mount. For a single set of weights on 8-1/2 inch wide wheels with 23-10.50 tires I think the bolts should be 6-7 inches long. The parts look-up above shows the correct length.

SCOTT T. - What s JD with rearend trouble? Never heard of such a thing. I read over on another site that the gear drive rearend in JD's L&G tractors is the strongest rearend ever put in a garden tractor..... EVER. That's why all the quarter-scale pullers use them.
wink.gif

True story here. Dad's next door neighbor was a design engineer for JD Harvester, actually had several patents for them. When Dad traded the '63 CC for the '65 #70 the neighbor followed the dealer into the yard with the CC. Neighbor looked the 70 over better than Dad did. Neighbor knew a LOT about power train design, that was his job. He said he'd NEVER buy a jd L&G trzctor till they made one as good as a CC. He ended up building his own. He never did get a green one and JD had a pretty good employee purchase program for a long time.

I bet that 149 was like driving a Cadillac compared to a 110. One of the BEST of the best. I mowed yesterday with my K321 powered 72 and still have a smile on my face with how well that K321 pulls.

I stumbled across this from the February blizzard and thought I'd share a nice cold cub on ice!
baldguy.gif

227378.jpg

Does anyone have any experience steam cleaning Cubs or other equipment? Where do you find someone that will steam clean tractors?

The local tractor dealers (old established outfits) say they no longer do it.

I'd like to get my 1650 and a Unimog I own steam cleaned; pressure washer is too messy I think.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom - I use to steam clean heavy equipment over in the mountains of Virginny. I'll steam your Cub for the Unimog
clown.gif

Who will be going to the Zagray Farm Show this weekend 16-17 in Ct?I plan on going with my family and hopefully enter our first ever garden tractor pulls with my stock 104.I was thinking it would be nice to connect with other forum members there a "Meet N Greet" would be nice if anyone is interested.I'll put up some type sign at our spot.I tried to post a valid link to their flier but can't get it to work just search Zagray Farm for a link
Leon

Back