• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 07, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theaton

displayname
Todd Heaton
Dang archive bug, lets try again.
88617.jpg

88618.jpg

Well got some AG's for my IH 234. 23 degree 'Stones. When and where is Plow Day again?? Even the little guy on the key fob approves.
88620.jpg

88621.jpg

Brian, I "discovered" those snap on handles a few years ago, I now have a couple of them. They sure do make rattle can painting much easier. Thanks.
thumbsup.gif

Todd, looking good!

Tom, nice tires.

I have a cub cadet model 123 with bad bearings in the front right wheel. I am ordering a new bearing assembly. The old bearing assembly has been removed from the wheel. Do I just tap the new bearing assembly into the middle of the wheel or is the installation more complicated? Thanks!

Kraig;

what does this guard look like and where does it go??

LOL see those questions have started already !

Thanks for the thoughts on my brother in law.... he was only 50 years old. Goes to prove you never know when your ticket is to be punched.

the snap on candles dislike me. maybe its just cause im still young and dont get finger cramps but i just use the push button on the spray bomb and it works good

David, 50 is way to young! Here's a photo showing the belt guard (note the red arrow) and an exploded parts view.

88624.jpg

88625.jpg

the other day someone mentioned 169's were snatched up for pulling. i realize they would be desired for the 16hp motor but why a hydro? even it is a shaft driven its still really hard on the hydros especialy campared to the manuals

Michael, I would think they would remove the 16hp for use in a puller tractor and "dispose" of the rest of the 169 chassis as parts or scrap.

My 62 original has a curved tab welded just above the right foot rest does anyone know what it is for? Is it OE or something a prevous owner instaled?

Tom: Where did you get those fenders or did you make them from a Cub's rear set? Also I like the way those tires set up looking very good.

Got my 106 home, I need to retire I got to many projects at home to do and 58 yrs. old is still young guys!!!!!!!!
old.gif

Oh my wife and I had words about Cubs I didn't get to use mine!!
shame.gif
LOL

Pops

morning all. I have 2 O decks here that don`t have the covers on them. I wish i had the measurements to make them, gues cardboard pattern will have to work. bought some rubber for the 147 . the wood spliter is great for removal of old tires lol. $225.00 for 4. later DonT
88629.jpg

Please excuse me if this is an ignorant question, but how do you properly adjust the points on a 1650?

Jason B., it's most likely an add on by a previous owner. Any chance you could post a photo of it?

Ben, Tom's tractor is <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> 234 compact tractor, the fenders are standard to it.

Don T., if I could get to my Original deck belt guards I'd measure them for you but they are up in the rafters in the back of my shed and the floor is covered with Cub Cadet parts. Perhaps in a few weeks or months I might be able to get access.
dunno.gif
blush.gif

Edward, you can download the Kohler Service Manual by clicking HERE

Thanks in advance for the input on this question:

For a creeper drive, how much play should the internal workings have? I am referring to the collar that extends out with the lever - when extended, should it have some vertical and horizontal play? If so, any idea how much?

Thank you

went to pick up 67 impala frame last nite for friend. get it loaded and spot a yellow & white tractor in grass. 104 Cub no carb,grill or hood. not great shape but has complete 3point hitch,deck(cant tell cond) and pto seems to work good. motor turns free-was tarped. so 100 bux and got first parts tractor.
Guess save engine,wheels,axle,hitch parts I need,& misc. sell rest-cant use the rear/trans. on mine
Remember Kids- always look in tall grass when you go to pee.(it ws a long drive up there)
proud.gif

Kraig, you need to let the wife know that after all the work on the house you really need a shed so that the garage can return to normal! You know, about 30by40 with seperate bath and shower!

Edward, follow the service manual. I had a hard time getting things right on the gap with my 1650. Set the basic point gap, locate the timing mark(s) and highlight them with paint or whatever to make them visible. Them time the rig per the manual with a timing light. Timing mine made all the difference in starting and overall performance.

Kraig;
Ah okay I see, thanks. Will keep an eye out for that. Hopefully it is still around there!

Thanks again !!
beerchug.gif

Back