• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 04, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hcole

displayname
henri cole
hell I thought I was the only insomniac out here.

Henri -
BedFart.gif

Matt - It's BIG ! Are you on dial up ?

Matt - When you wake up ignore the pdf links I made/emailed you I've reduced them in gif format from the 12meg pdf file to 4.31meg zipped gifs if you can handle it. There's 7 pages scanned.

Crap! I forgot netzero has a 3meg limit ... sending gifs in email
angry.gif

Matt G:

As another suggestion, the Mech V/R has to be grounded. Make sure, there is good contact (Zero Ohms) between the V/R case, S/G body, and the negative battery terminal.

thumbsup.gif

Sorry, I was going to have some of these out ealier but had some other pressing issues come up. Let me know if ya all get tired of them.

61948.jpg

61949.jpg

61950.jpg

I don't think this young lady knew what to think of some stranger snapping candide pics of her nicely restored bathtub.

61972.jpg

61973.jpg

61974.jpg

KentuckKEN-

Thanks! Yeah, I'm on dial-up. It's not in too big of pieces though, so It shouldn't be a problem. I'll download the ones you sent.

On another note, you might be on to something about the battery. Placing a voltmeter across it with it not running reads 13.5 volts. Although you'd think it'd be overcharging only if the battery was really dead. But I'll say it again, electrical stuff is not my area for sure...

I just inherited a 1980 Model 682 that last week was running fine but had a weak battery. My brother tried to jump it and said he "shorted sumthin, cuz it sparked". I saw that one of the two panel mounted fuses was blown and replaced it but it still won't even give me so much as a solenoid click. Any suggestions? PS...I'm new to the machine but am wildly intrigued by it, my intention is to use it for mowing and tilling if I can find a tiller attachment to the back.
LBPowell

Lindsey, Check all your connections good. Also there is a safety switch under the frame that is operated by the left foot pedal. It will often go bad or the connections on it may be bad. Try hooking the 2 wires together off that switch and see if that does it. If not you may have a bad key switch. Check to see if you are getting current to the solenoid and that will tell the key switch story.
Good luck.
thumbsup.gif

Lindsey:

There are two fuses on this tractor. One for lights and one for the ignition. Make sure both are good.

Next, if everything is original and not altered, you will have to be sitting on the seat, with the brake pedal pushed down, and the PTO Switch in the off position before it even tries to start.

Let us know what comes out of this.

Latest posts

Back