• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 01, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeremiah-

IIRC, his parts 1250 had hydraulic lift, so the pump is ported and will be a 1:1 swap for the 149 unit.

Six Frame bolts are in Tight, Rear Lift Pin is in, went with 149 Check Reliefs, Charlie EXPLAIN in Great Detail when I bought the 1250 parts tractor, why I shouldn't go with the 1250 Reliefs
greenthumb.gif

Anyway gonna hook everything up I'm EST Midwest still might be cutting before Dark, Fingers Crossed!!!!

306089.jpg

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 306089.jpg
    306089.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 306089.jpg
    306089.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 124
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 120
Trunion shaft removal is most definitely NOT a snap ring endeavor. .....it's a full hydro split and teardown. If you had gone that far you'd have figured out what was wrong with the 149 unit
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 125
Steve B,

Yeah I seen a Snap Ring on each Side of Trunion Shaft!!!

And me being "MY OWN WORST ENEMY" didn't even know if pulling Snap rings would even Allow Shaft to just Slide Right Out so I could Then just slide my Repaired Trunion Shaft right in,,,, then 2 Snap rings and "VOILÀ" ,,,,,

Figured Why all the Talk about Trunion Repair if That Easy!!!

Anyway Got Wheels Turning Both Directions FAST!!!!

306094.jpg

Gonna See How "QUICK" this Quick Hitch Really Is:

306095.jpg

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• 306094.jpg
    306094.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 306095.jpg
    306095.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 115
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 306095.jpg
    306095.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 306094.jpg
    306094.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 121
Jason W.
No great detail explanation needed IMHO.
The manual valves seem to give less trouble after 40+ years, but the automatics sometimes leak through the hole in the tops.
One thing about automatics, if one leaks the other one isn't far behind to start marking it's territory it seems.
With manuals, you can flip the lever and push the tractor around quick.
With autos, you have to wait a while for them to bleed off before the tires will move.
I'd go with the automatics and forget it.
But hey!
That's just me.
biggrin.gif

I'll say one thing!
I give you a lot of credit for your patience and persistence on this project!

greenthumb.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 125
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 117
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 124
Thanks Charlie

And Thanks To ALL Who Chimed in when Fellow Cubber is in Need

You guys And This Site is AWESOME!!!!!!

Gotter Goin!!!!

306099.jpg

Cuts as Good as EVER!!!

Reverse is a Little Sluggish and BOY THAT TRUNION,,,,,
She is FLYING DOWN Hill,,, LoL

Anyway I can Sort out all the Details Later

Got some Cutting to Do!!!!
Shift.gif

Thanks again EVERYONE!!!!!

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Shift.gif
    Shift.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 306099.jpg
    306099.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 306099.jpg
    306099.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 126
Welp, Gotter Did,,,,

306103.jpg

FRONT Yard Anyway,,, Just Before Dark Set in!

Momma will be Smiling see yard cut. Yeah Definitely got to do Trunion on This one also. Acts exactly like it did day after I bought it,, SLOW up Hill, Fast Down Hill. Trunion Repair on old hydro solved that. Definitely got a little tweaking to do....
Man that crash really had me Goin there for a while!!!

306104.jpg

Hey I Really Do Very Much Appreciate Everyone who chimed in along the way!!!

So many new guys out there just now getting into the Yellow & White Thing, Myself Included, would have been totally lost without all the Help along the way!!!!

Thanks Again Everyone!

Now I'm gonna get cleaned up and go reap the rewards of finally getting momma's yard lookin good Again!!!!

greenthumb.gif

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 123
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 306104.jpg
    306104.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 306103.jpg
    306103.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 306103.jpg
    306103.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 306104.jpg
    306104.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 128
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 118
Jason W, Nice seeing you saddled up again, quickly too!

On another note, I had my hands full today. I installed the pump to the rear end. Now does anyone think I should have let the pump drain "upside down" to allow for complete drain out of fluid?

I thought I had the majority of the fluid out. Went to mount the pump, and before I could get all four cap screws tight, I noticed a small fluid leak. Got the unit all tight, and have not seen a leak since. Worried that it's not gonna seal. If it don't, and depending how bad the leak will be or get, BET I know what I'll do different on the next removal.

I cant believe the condition of these original Firestone Gum Dipped 8.5 x 12 rear tires! Boy, did they clean up well and the rims too! There has to be a "Barn Find" grading card somewhere, 'cause this 125 ain't too bad!

She and I are taking a 5-6 hour canoe trip in the morning, so not sure how much shop time I'll get on the 125.

Hi, guys,
Need some input/advice from the Cub Cadet gurus if possible, please.
I have a 782, KT17 Series I, and I cannot get the engine speed regulated on it. It requires about half-choke to start, but after a few minutes of run time you can push the choke in without creating issues. When you first start it up and it steadies out, it is running at what sound like maybe half-throttle or a little less, with the throttle set at wide-open. Over about 5 or 6 minutes it will gradually increase, never getting quite up to what wide open should be, but enough so that you can engage the PTO and start mowing. After it warms up some more, and about a lap into mowing, the engine will suddenly start speeding up until it overspeeds. If you adjust the throttle downward any at all, it will drop to just above idle and almost stall. You can gently bump the throttle up and it will slowly increase speed again, but will build up again and then overspeed. I can't get it regulated to save my life. I have cleaned and adjusted the carburetor, set the throttle stop (according to the manual, this is the way you regulate the speed on these engines), and even attempted to adjust the governor, which apparently does not adjust the same way the singles do. I'm pretty frustrated at this point - any recommendations, other than driving it off a high bluff?

Back